#1 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

Floomo Competition #1
Well this is the first Competition for Floomo.com. The competition will be a design competition. What I want is a new banner / logo designed for the website. But it must be relevent to the following criteria:

Posted Image - Logo / Banner must be relevent to the content of Floomo.com
Posted Image - It must include the words Floomo.com.
Posted Image - It must feature somekind of image relating to the world of the unexplained. (not just text).
Posted Image - The Design may be in pixels, and may be a vector.
Posted Image - The image must not be a copyrighted image!
Posted Image - Please add a watermark to prevent others from stealing your work!!!
Posted Image - Images must not be animated in anyway.
Posted Image - Images must be submitted in JPEG Format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules before entering the Competition
Please ensure that you are able to accept prize money via PAYPAL!! This way moneys can be transfered immediately without any problems. However if your from the UK, I dont mind sending moneys via cheque in the post "Royal Mail First Class Recorded".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prizes!!!
There will be 2 prizes for the Floomo Competition: (I know the prizes arent very big, but as Floomo.com is still a young website: its not making much money yet lol.)
Posted Image - 1st Prize is £25.00 and the Official Floomo Alien featured Below.
Posted Image - 2nd Prize is An Official Floomo Alien. :P

Posted Image

Deadline for Entries will be November 10th. So that plenty of time to get some designs up.
If your not really interested in MONEY lol, then why not do it for the banter and win yourself a SPECIAL EXTRATERRESTIAL from the planet FLOOMO.com lol.

Blank Banner here!!
http://www.floomo.com
http://www.floomo.co...o...

Please if you add your entries here, could you also add them to my forums using the link above. That why when the competition is over my members will be able to vote for the winner. Thanks.

Thanks
Gibbons.

Edited by Gibbo, 07 October 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#2 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

Just browsed through your forums. Holy bananas and potatoes(!) -.- that vatican ghost and.. wow mister pinky!..

Size of the logo? :)

(Im forbidden to curse :P)

Edited by bĘko, 07 October 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#3 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

hahaha yeah some freaky stuff on the forums: as for the logo, it has to fit within the white space on the following image:

Blank Banner here!!

#4 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

Nice work there Soldier: I like it alot.

Maybe try to make an emphasis on the FLOOMO.COM. So that its not all an Image. Perhaps add some more colour to grap the viewers attention.

What I want in the winning entry is a banner thats eye catching, and basically summaries what the website is about. I know its difficult to make a banner about Ghosts and Death, etc, I do like how you have added the Flying Saucer in the background tho. Good Job!!

Anymore?

(also you are allowed to add as many entries as you want - I dont believe in capping creativity).

#5 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

uhm, no offence but thats pretty much the same as what they have now, a graveyard, just a different pic.

off t: i think your current banner is pretty good already, nice picture and good lighning, just doesnt really match with the site's colorscheme.

#6 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

uhm, no offence but thats pretty much the same as what they have now, a graveyard, just a different pic.

off t: i think your current banner is pretty good already, nice picture and good lighning, just doesnt really match with the site's colorscheme.

I like Soldiers design, but I agree with what you say too! Thats why i published this topic to hopefully tickle some of the great designers on here!!! Maybe stay away from the Graveyard theme.

I was thinking of a landscape with a few pyramids, and UFO's in the sky, with a mythical creatures, maybe some ghosts, lol. I know there is so much to incorporate. But thats for the imagination of you guys. Also the use of colour and vector maybe interesting here. Something to match the current colour scheme.

Thanks for your interest. Hope this helps people. :)

Edited by Gibbo, 07 October 2006 - 01:31 PM.

#7 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

I've tried 3 times now, and it just doesnt come out well enough.. Im out of inspiration and my photoshop skills arent good enuff for blending pyramids, ufos, ghosts, orbs, myth creatures or stonehenge together :)

GL to whoever wins anyway

Edited by bĘko, 08 October 2006 - 10:44 AM.

#8 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

You dont have to blend the above you listed, thats just a guide. Please do take part, i really need a new design. I mean if you have time. Thank you.

#9 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:45 AM

Okay, i will.. But don't complain if its so ugly it will hurt your eyes :(

#10 Daniel D

Daniel D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

Well here's my entry, I couldn't really find anything that went well with your blue theme but this works.. I just threw in some various "haunted houses" and made em blend like they were all on 1 street.. then threw in a couple UFO's.. if there is anything you want changed let me know and i'll do it.

EDIT: Sorry the image was stretching the forum so I edited my post and put the image into the link below.
Click Here for my entry.

Edited by minus, 09 October 2006 - 09:17 AM.

#11 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

Nice.. i like it :)

#12 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

Okay, so i tried to make a logo...

I took the picture on my way to work today, thought it was really cool :)
Just added some ghost-looking dude (my friend), an arrow - some ufo's etc.. ;)

Well.. you asked for it!

Floomo.com Logo

#13 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

minus - i like the colours you have used, but im not sure about the text of Floomo.com. Also maybe stay away from using photoshop filters. I wonder what it would look like if the image was alot sharper. I think 100% better. Good job. Thanks for you entry, anymore?

bĘko - i dont like the blue colour, as i think it blends to much with the rest of the website, and will be hard to see. Perhaps changing the colours would improve your design. I do like the idea of the UFO's flying of what appears to be protected land. Nice!! Thanks for the entry, anymore?

#14 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

minus - i like the colours you have used, but im not sure about the text of Floomo.com. Also maybe stay away from using photoshop filters. I wonder what it would look like if the image was alot sharper. I think 100% better. Good job. Thanks for you entry, anymore?

bĘko - i dont like the blue colour, as i think it blends to much with the rest of the website, and will be hard to see. Perhaps changing the colours would improve your design. I do like the idea of the UFO's flying of what appears to be protected land. Nice!! Thanks for the entry, anymore?

you want me to lighten it?

#15 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Its up to you. I mean, I would like a varity of designs to choose from, and hopefully someone will create a piece that makes me go WOW!!! lol. If you have the time, maybe try different colours, something that stands out, and also complements the rest of the websites colour. Dont Rush your designs tho, the competition is till 10th November. Best of luck.

#16 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

Tried fixing the other one + i made a new one..

Old Floomo.com Logo with better colours

and..

New Floomo.com Logo

Hope you like it.. basicly a lot of things.. i couldnt remember if it was called cropcircles.. and you probably dont talk about centaurs and unicorns but.. well Unexplained fits in with a lot of things imo.. Please tell me what you think...

and..

New Floomo Logo w/ Square

Well, you probably dont like it, but its just an addition so i might aswell show you.. (the idea is that it should look like the squared of the Main Floomo Navigation)

Edited by bĘko, 10 October 2006 - 02:42 PM.

#17 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

As mentioned on Floomo.com, my favourite so far is your entry 2# bĘko. Good job.

#18 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

#19 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

How's this?

*Click*

Edited by Avalanche, 10 October 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#20 Gibbons

Gibbons

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:29 PM

wow thats just sick!!! Nice bright colours, looks good to me: Please remember to submit your entries to:

Competition at Floomo.com

This is where most entries are entered!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users