Photo

Do you buy tutorials to publish on your site?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Netcades

Netcades

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

Wonder if anyone rips scanlines they're about 99% :angry:

lol sorry just couldn't resist that one.

lol :o

#22 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

I recommend writing your own tutorials, and then you don't have to worry about that ;) lol

dEcade

#23 God

God

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:You all suck at life. (Mished.net)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:06 AM

For Photoshop, you could always add a small watermark image layer and place it underneath a bigger image layer. I guess that would only work if your PSD had a crap load of layers. That way if someone were to steal it and redistribute it. You could be like "hey they ripped that, check so and so layer", and there you have it.

BUT EH!

As for written tutorials... i'm stumped, lol.

#24 Ruben K

Ruben K

Cliff

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

For Photoshop, you could always add a small watermark image layer and place it underneath a bigger image layer. I guess that would only work if your PSD had a crap load of layers. That way if someone were to steal it and redistribute it. You could be like "hey they ripped that, check so and so layer", and there you have it.

BUT EH!

hi jeff!!

also on-topic I used to make tutorials for $40-$50 each for this tech website
sadly, the website died soon after i started writing, so i only made $200 in total.

Edited by Ruben K, 23 October 2006 - 03:45 AM.

#25 Netcades

Netcades

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

BUT EH!

hi jeff!!

also on-topic I used to make tutorials for $40-$50 each for this tech website
sadly, the website died soon after i started writing, so i only made $200 in total.

lol :)

#26 Lorelei

Lorelei

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, design, dance

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

intersting topic... well, i am very new here (first post) but i just wanted to ask something.. i write tutorials myself, and submit them to pixel2life and other traffic generators. as a bonus to registered members - free psd files are available. how can i be protected in this case from people who will rip the tutorial together WITH the psd and offer it elsewhere? i mean its not like i can watermark the psd or something, even if i will, even a kid can remove it.

what do u guys think, any ideas?

#27 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

intersting topic... well, i am very new here (first post) but i just wanted to ask something.. i write tutorials myself, and submit them to pixel2life and other traffic generators. as a bonus to registered members - free psd files are available. how can i be protected in this case from people who will rip the tutorial together WITH the psd and offer it elsewhere? i mean its not like i can watermark the psd or something, even if i will, even a kid can remove it.

If the tutorial is well written and explained why do they need a psd? If they follow it they'll have their own, and if they have trouble following tutorials they can post for help and upload the psd they have so you can see where they are going wrong. We do the same as you and have them available for registered members but really is no protection as they register, download and zoom off with them and they never come back half the time.

#28 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

If the tutorial is well written and explained why do they need a psd? If they follow it they'll have their own, and if they have trouble following tutorials they can post for help and upload the psd they have so you can see where they are going wrong. We do the same as you and have them available for registered members but really is no protection as they register, download and zoom off with them and they never come back half the time.

I think the easiest way to do it if you don't want that stolen would just to not have the psd, because like Donna said "If the tutorial is well written and explained why do they need a psd?"

dEcade

#29 Burford

Burford

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Design, Websites, Poker

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:54 AM

Interesting topic..
I hope some people don't lose business because of it though.

I have 2-3 people that I trust and I write for, and I don't want to be writing for anyone else, so yeah.
For me to write for people I have to trust them, not them trust me :D

That's the way I work..

#30 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:54 AM

You can still watermark the PSD. Apply the watermark to a layer object within the PSD that can't be removed, otherwise it screws up the final result. That's about as far as you can go.

Dan

#31 cigraphics

cigraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

i'd never buy tutorials i do my own

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users