#1 JDWortham

JDWortham

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:30 AM

ok,
First you need a background image. just do a google image search for a good background, or make one yourself in photoshop.
I used this one: Genosis.
What I did was invert the colors, and mess around with the color balance. you can do that by going to image > adjustments > invert. and then Ctrl+B. just mess around with you're colors until you find something. to make gridlines, create a new image 5 pixels x 5 pixels. zoom in all the way, and then choose the pencil tool, 1px. Make a line across the top and left of the image, and click edit > specify pattern. (something like that) now go to your image, and choose paint bucket. then chose pattern in the drop down menu, and choose your pattern. now fill your image.
now you get to put in an object like my snowmobile. find one via google image search, and paste it into the sig. use the magic wand tool to remove all of the background of your object. if you want to, you can blur it just a smidge. it kinda lets it blend better. now add your text, and you have a basic sig!
Here's my final image:
Posted Image
Please tell me what you think, and go easy on me, this is my first tut. ;)

#2 Wutang KillaJay

Wutang KillaJay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Well, first of all, that sig is awfull, in my opinion then... :D

And second, for a noob, that tut isn't quite followable, you missed most of the details, assuming people know all those things already. That is fine for me, but since (i guess) the tut is mentioned for the beginners, they won't understand it completely.

Don't take this as bad critisicm, just to make you better, and, as a matter of fact i never made a tutorial, so respect for that anyhowz :D

For improving the sig overall, use another font, blend the picture and text with the background, and it could use some minor brushing.

Hope i helped u with this comment,

grtz

#3 TomRulz04

TomRulz04

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

yeh i have to agree the outcome isnt really nice...

#4 JDWortham

JDWortham

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:19 PM

Sorry :D
I'm not very good at wording things... :D This is my first tut, and I'm fairly new at Photoshop. I guess I should have gotten better at photoshop before posting a tut. Posted Image Posted Image
I'm not sure how to blend pictures. I've read several tuts, but it just doesn't work.
I can't even do the gradients to make metal type stuff. it doesn't work. Is it the fact that I use CS? It will only do one gradient at a time. And about the feathering it doesn't work. I select with rectangular marquee, and select feather, and click delete, but It just makes it white with feathered edges. I want to blend the pictures. well, I bet I sound like a huge n00b. I'm sorry.Posted Image I'll just stick around general discussion. Thanks for your input.
Josh

#5 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:30 AM

I use Photoshop CS....and you've seen some of the things ive made. Keep practicing.

#6 JDWortham

JDWortham

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:58 AM

Will do!
how do I make multiple gradients though? To make it look like aluminum foil.

#7 grim

grim

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

ummmm put the mode in the upper bar that says normal to difference (can't really explain it well). i think correct me if i am wrong

#8 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:46 AM

Yeah you really need to work on that. People wont be interested in it if there is no picture to guide them. Take screen shots of what your doing along the way. And have a better outcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users