• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

No worries, I always like to think I would make a good footie pundit :biggrin:.

Who needs Big Ron when you can have Big John :).

Edited by Propax, 13 April 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#22 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:42 AM

do you reckon you could do a Chelsea and Liverpool one? I'll add them all to the original post if you like?

#23 evertonian7uk

evertonian7uk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

it is a great review nice post!!

one thing i would agree with is rooney, when he was at everton, he was awesome, i believe some of his inabilty to play to the expected level is because he believed all the BS the media said about him, kind of like real madrid squad, they know there good, so they become lazy and think the talant will just shine through, and it doesnt,

look at ronaldo, when he first came to united, everyone was on his case, to many step overs and tricks, he wasnt mature enough to pull it off all the time, now he's had time to settle down, he's took his skillz to another level, by far the best preimership player this season, i think fergie, next season will indeed demand more from his prized rooney,

as a provider of goals he is awesome and his vision is second to non, but were is the 25 goals a season guy gone that united bought him for?

chelsea liverpool is gonna be awesome, i cant wait to see it happen again!!!

as an evertonian, i cant believe i am rooting for them, i just really want to see united V liverpool final tho lol

#24 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

I think they should allow the game to be in wembley iso greece if it is an all english final.

BTW. evertonian, congrats on your 100th post

#25 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

You requested it so here it is. I will list the key players as before and then give a prediction.

Chelsea players that need to perform :

Cech - Easily the worlds best keeper and has excelled since his horrific injury against Wigan. He has to be confident when playing against the forwards of Liverpool and show his class.

Terry - Despite his injuries throughout the winter period his has come back to phenomenal form, and has shown he is worthy to captain his club along with his country. They need him on form and able to contain the Liverpool attacks.

A. Cole - Since leaving Arsenal in the summer he has been a regular starter for Jose and has shown his class week in week out, he can provide great pace down the left flank and will be a threat to the Liverpool right back, be it D.Agger or J.Carragher on duty.

Lampard - I feel he is possibly the world's most over rated player and is constantly under pressure to perform. He has had good performances this season but plays better when pulling the strings of link up play between the Mid and Att.

Ballack - He will be the main structure of the midfield when playing Liverpool, he will undoubtly get forward and possibly sit just behind the strikers providing a great driving force into the heart of the Liverpool defence.

Drogba - He has proved all of his critics wrong this season and has shown that you don't need to waste £30 million on a ageing player when you have him in your team. He has been finding the net all season and will be the biggest threat to Liverpool, With great aerial ability and the strength to compliment his structure he will most deffinently be a hand full on the night.

Liverpool players that need to perform :

Reina - He is a solid keeper and is looking a good 2nd keeper for Spain, he has a reputation amongst the Chelsea players and supporters but, if he can put that aside I am sure he will do well. It's crucial for him to be at his best.

D.Agger - A young but mature centre half, he will probably be a starting feature in Rafa's squad and have strong opposition with the likes of Drogba and Shevchenko to keep him company.

Carragher - He is proving to be a consistent team player and showing his worth throughout the team, if he plays well it breeds confidence throughout the back 4, which will be a big bonus for Liverpool.

Gerrard - He is the midfield mechanic and shown he is arguably the best midfielder in Europe. If he can get forward and provide for the strikers I am sure this will apply great pressure to the Chelsea defence.

Alonso - Again another midfield maestro, his short game play is superb and he is flawless with long pases which will be a benefit to Liverpool. If he can keep his cool and pick up no cards I am sure he will be effective.

Pennant - He can provide abit of wizardry on the right flank and has a good end product, if he can cut inside his marker and bring play to the middle of the park this will surely disrupt the Chelsea structure and be a huge benefit to Liverpool's game.

Crouch - He has been Liverpool's best striker this season netting 18 goals in all comps. If he can play just of the shoulder of his marker and have balls whipped in at head height this will be a big danger to Chelsea.

Score predictions :

(h) Chelsea 2 - Liverpool 1 (a)
(h) Liverpool 3 - Chelsea 1 (a)

Liverpool 4 - Chelsea 3 (on agg)

I think this is a fair and realistic result going on the fact Chelsea have a recent habit of scoring in the dying minutes, I feel that’s what will happen at Stamford bridge resulting in Liverpool losing. But I also feel Liverpool can pull it back at Anfield, with the right crowd and enough energy anything can swing their way.

I would also like to thank you for requesting this as I get emmence enjoyment out of putting them together :).

#26 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

Well i updated the original post with the last four teams reviews done by Propax. Excellent work dude :)

#27 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

Hey if you need me any time soon just let me know and I will happily eblige :flowers:.

Thanks

#28 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

Updated with the semi final scores. Not long before we know who will be in the finals!

#29 evertonian7uk

evertonian7uk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:34 AM

give a quick prediction lets see who gets closest,

lets put up a small prize, something silly, like we make the winner a sig or something lol:

My predictions:

Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea (Chelsea through on away goals)

Man U 3 - 1 AC Milan (Man U through)

Man u - Chelsea final (shame i know lol)

#30 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

liverpool to win 2-0 (maybe in extra time)

united to lose 1-0 (milan through on away goals)

liverpool - milan final

3-3 after full time, liverpool to win 3-2 on penalties :blink:

#31 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

Well following the first leg results here are my new predictions for the second legs.

Man united 1-1 Milan (United go through 4-3 on agg)

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea (Liverpool go through on agg 2-1) I think 1 of Liverpool's goals will be from a penalty.

Liverpool 2-2 Man united after 90 mins. Pen results 4-5. United win on pens.

#32 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

easy fella, cant remember the last time liverpool lost on penalties!

#33 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Well liverpool has gone into extra time. 1-1 on AGG so far. Beautiful goal by Agger!

#34 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

cough cough... when were liverpool last beaten on pens anyone?

#35 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

Well they have won 10 of their last 11, but records are there to be broken :).

Good luck to MUFC for their second leg match in Milan.

#36 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

Well they have won 10 of their last 11, but records are there to be broken :o.

:P

#37 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

Man U 2-0 down, 4-3 on aggregate. We are out :)

#38 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

3-0 down, we only need 2 to get ET.

#39 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

nope, your out.

sorry to say but you didnt deserve to go through after that... united were awful tonight.

#40 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

I didn't see the game But I am gutted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users