4 replies to this topic

#1 gty

gty

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

I'm registered with 1&1 and all my websites run slowly? Do you have any suggestions for a faster server?

thanks!

#2 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Hi Lysha,

What about joining the Pixel2life Network? :D P2L runs it's own hosting company, check it out at www.p2lhosting.com and you can find all our plans at http://www.p2lhosting.com/plans along with all the info about our service, support and datacenter. We guarantee your satisfaction with our service and the server performance or your money back.

Hope you'll join us! Let me know if you have any questions at all :)

Thanks,
Dan

#3 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

Just to throw my $0.02 in the thread...

Whoever you choose for hosting, and Dan's built some great stuff here at P2L, he'll take care of you for sure on the hosting plan.

Minimize your use of images. I'm not sure how advanced you are but check into CSS Sprites as one option also check into RackSpace Cloud to host your static content like javascript, stylesheets and images. Rackspace Cloud is what's known as a CDN which can help deliver that content to your visitors faster and all your server has to worry about is loading the page.

#4 johnrich121

johnrich121

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Get another server. Try a vps. They arnt much more expensive than shared hosting. I use vps and have no problems with speed.

#5 alexsmith

alexsmith

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Some useful info there, keep them coming!!..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users