Photo

If you had control of Twodded, what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

if it left P2L, it would still be Twodded, and i'd make sure of that.. as i'd only let a re-design take place if I was 1 million percent sure on the layout

#82 ludwigw

ludwigw

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Designer at Lee ter Wal.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

I'f I could change one thing about twodded I'd:
a) bring back the monkey
;) change the blue in the twodded section to red
c) replace the orb with a ladybug

#83 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

how can we bring back the monkey and replace the orb with a ladybug? ;)

the monkey and the ladybug would argue, would cause too many problems lol

#84 ludwigw

ludwigw

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Designer at Lee ter Wal.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:10 PM

Mmm....could be a problem. I mean the monkey has been out of the scene for a while and he's gotten jealous, plus he's got a stick. he could squash the ladybug like, well like a bug :(

Maybe the monkey can stay in the retirement home for now ;)

#85 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:19 PM

haha, yup

#86 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

Poor monkey, he doesn't even check links anymore ;) Donna does...

#87 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

he fetches my alcohol

#88 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

and your shoes by the fire :)

#89 Hydro

Hydro

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

I dont think twodded should be on its own site, or at least shouldnt have its own forums, that would cause competition in the same site, and would be harder to monitor and to browse. Well i spose thatd be my only gripe, a seperate site would be grand (maybe even better who knows) but the same user databases and forum should be used within it.

#90 raidsilver

raidsilver

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

I think twodedd should go to its own site. It was cool back when it was twod.co.uk. Bring back the monkey and the browney design, p2l design is nice but too XPish.

That was a really awesome site. I went to it all the time. Just like I come to P2L.

I still think that now they are a bit of the same in a way. It would be really awesome in fact if there was a definite difference in sites. In a way, if it were not for the "bug", then I would think Twodded was just an area for more "elite" tutorials.

There's my 2 cents.

#91 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:37 PM

maybe sorta make the saite design like jays blog????

#92 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:35 AM

I think twodedd should go to its own site. It was cool back when it was twod.co.uk. Bring back the monkey and the browney design, p2l design is nice but too XPish.

That was a really awesome site. I went to it all the time. Just like I come to P2L.

I still think that now they are a bit of the same in a way. It would be really awesome in fact if there was a definite difference in sites. In a way, if it were not for the "bug", then I would think Twodded was just an area for more "elite" tutorials.

There's my 2 cents.

I agree sort of, I was thinking twodded would look completly different, is there a chance of it becoming like a seperate site and having its own skin :D

#93 meadow

meadow

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Php, Hockey, mysql, web design.

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:27 AM

I reckon a better twodded would have the tutorials spread out over the categories, as there are some great tutorials for php and adobe after effects, but nothing for vb or imageready.

#94 _*Speed_*

_*Speed_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

If I had control over Twodded I would make another site for twodded, one that has a different layout than P2L, and make it as big as good-tutorials. Then I copy all the tutorials in the twodded db to the p2l db and I would sell Twodded.

#95 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

Then I copy all the tutorials in the twodded db to the p2l db and I would sell Twodded.

we aren't in it to sell the site to someone with no clue and give it up, we are in it to provide quality to our audience, for the long run

#96 Skitzo

Skitzo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:39 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a rare visitor but im looking to get ALOT more active now so you'll see me around, probably trying to get on the P2L or Twodded team lol. But yea, I like the idea of the Twodded team, a group of professional tutorial writers putting down some good tuts.

If I could run the company, I would see about incorporating some motion .gif tuts and go a little more to the more rarely "what about" topics. I dont know if some of you heard about the Adobe company purchasing Macromedia. This will definitely lead to some incorporation of each program being tied to the other in l8r versions.

But hey, that's my opinion as a professional myself. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Adam. I'm senior developer for ELEVATEDsolutions Grp. If you'd like to check out some of our stuff, just check out ELEVATEDsolutions. We don't do tutorials but I, myself, have done a few tutorials on other sites.

As I said before, I've been a bit of a mystery around the forums. Last time I posted, I solved the big mystery about the actual correct method for transfering a Cinema4D Render to Photoshop CS (there was a complication w/ 7.0 and 8.0 users). I plan to be a little more active around! Hope I'm welcomed lol. BTW, nice site and system P2L. You're making it big.

#97 spiker

spiker

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:49 PM

make it rss feet compatible

i have an pocket pc and i would like if there was a website compitble with the rss feet of it so i don't have to switch screens every time i'm busy with a tut

and i don't like the new bug :S make it more simple more pro

Edited by spiker, 12 October 2005 - 05:53 PM.

#98 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:19 AM

its a good idea, but unfortunatly too many people would use it to take the tutorials :/

and Skitzo - if you want to apply for Twodded feel free :g[1]:

#99 Zoboda

Zoboda

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

I think twodded should remain as part of P2L but maybe change the colours of the design. Blue and green arent very twodded, I reckon you should make all the blue parts red. Also how about downloads for font packs, or zips with resources in? Maybe as a new downloads section, twodded team can add a new download and a 'tutorial' on ways you can use the files.

#100 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:13 PM

Also how about downloads for font packs, or zips with resources in? Maybe as a new downloads section

Sounds a bit like the P2L resource center :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users