• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

I don't see that happening with my daughter... I'm not too keen on hitting kids or girls for that matter, but so far, she knows when she's out of line and a solid stare and a firm hand on her shoulder lets her know she's crossed it. She will definitely have consequences to her actions and I'm sure she'll find us to be strict parents (especially mommy), but I think that can be accomplished without having to hit her.

Dan

#22 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:40 AM

I have real issues with any parent that would ever hit their child. Until we go back to 1800's its wrong.

Its not something that works nor should be even considered. Its simply showing the child that type of behavior is acceptable.

Edited by .Matt, 14 June 2006 - 10:43 AM.

#23 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hey, how many of you guys would actually hit your kids to get them disciplined, if you ever have any?

I wouldn't, and I have kids. I cannot see the sense in hurting someone to make them behave, I see stupid mothers in shopping centers slapping their kids because they're crying well duh they're gonna cry more and as for hitting females just makes me :)

#24 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

I have real issues with any parent that would ever hit their child. Until we got back to 1800's its wrong.

Its not something that works nor should be even considered. Its simply showing the child that type of behavior is acceptable.

I dunno about that... it certainly worked for me. Like I cared if I got "grounded" or had to take a time out... but I sure as hell thought twice about doing something stupid knowing that belt would be re-united with my ass cheecks lol

Dan

#25 -Michael-

-Michael-

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

My parents hit me too when I was younger, I deserved it too.

Grounding never worked on me, I was a bad little kid, I was grounded almost all the time and it didn't effect me, they could take things away, I wouldn't care, I'd just find something else to do.

I don't see too much wrong with hitting, but I like your technique with the firm physical contact and eye contact, Faken.

Edited by -Michael-, 14 June 2006 - 11:11 AM.

#26 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:16 PM

So, you guys think hitting is wrong, how would you say you should discipline a child?

#27 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

Yeah I got the belt for most of my childhood, and slapped a few times on the face. I was a very bad kid, always getting into fights and trouble, and no matter how much my step dad would threaten me and beat me I didnt give a crap. But when my mom would sit me down and talk to me and really make me understand that what I was doing was very wrong, those were the times I changed. Hitting me just makes me hate you, making me feel guilty for my crimes, thats a whole nother ball of wax.
Oh and yes, I have 3 kids 1 5 8 ages.
I would never hit them.
If you cant gain control over your child without resorting to physical violence you shouldnt be a parent.

Edited by Dirk Black, 14 June 2006 - 12:26 PM.

#28 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:34 PM

If you cant gain control over your child without resorting to physical violence you shouldnt be a parent.

You know thats probably the best thing I've read in a long while :mellow:

Well put.

#29 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

thanks Matt, you sound like you have your head on straight as well :mellow: cheers

#30 ktd

ktd

* Something Ain't Right *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

I've never hit my kids nor do I plan to. It does annoy me when people hit their kids. Sometimes it helps but other times it turns the kid violent.

Also, I was hit when I was a kid by my mother for no reason at all. Whenever she got drunk she would just hit me but not because I was being bad. Other then that I was never hit. But I did get arrested a few times

#31 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Either way, sounds like these folks need to visit a family therapist before someone really gets hurt.

Dan

#32 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

never got hit i always stand up to my parents and tell them straight what would happen if they ever touch me, once my dad nearly got his belt off to me but i just stood there gave him one dirty look and these days still tells me what to do i just say i aint your slave do it yourself it aint my problem you messed it up or w/e you done it fix it yourself. anyways i think the boy needs scaring the hell outta like maybe get a gang of people to chase him pin him against a wall or something if that dont work call the cops. i almost hit my mum once cos i was so peed off at her man i cant explain it so i just punched the wall and smashed alot of stuff in my room and ive always stood up to them so they know not to hit me

#33 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

heh, that made very little sense, you talk about how you have your parents in check and then that the boy needs to be chased down, how would you feel if your parents decided you needed to be ran down by a bunch of guys and humiliated? I think you would smash some more things lol..

#34 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

heh, that made very little sense, you talk about how you have your parents in check and then that the boy needs to be chased down, how would you feel if your parents decided you needed to be ran down by a bunch of guys and humiliated? I think you would smash some more things lol..

i know i wouldnt like it but im saying thats what the boy deserves for it ive never had a knife to my mum and i dont wanna put a knife to her but im saying my parents would never hit me cos they know what im like when im peed off alot, they probaly wouldnt be alive cos i dont think when im peed off :mellow:

#35 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:11 PM

i know i wouldnt like it but im saying thats what the boy deserves for it ive never had a knife to my mum and i dont wanna put a knife to her but im saying my parents would never hit me cos they know what im like when im peed off alot, they probaly wouldnt be alive cos i dont think when im peed off :mellow:

Do you have any idea how much of a disrespectul ass you sound like right now? You punched a wall and smashed stuff in your room? Are you a 2 year old having a tantrum? Pretty much a classic case of someone not reaping any significant consequences for their actions. Keep up the attitude and you'll be someone's little lady in prison.

"my dad nearly got his belt off to me but i just stood there gave him one dirty look "

That would have just added 20 extra lashes on your pink butt in my household. You're under his roof and you pull that kind of crap? You should be kissing his ass for putting up with you and paying for you to live.

Dan

#36 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

i punched the wall and smashed stuff cos i didnt want to hurt her so i go take it out on something else, and so what i gave him a dirty look so he knows not to mess with me cos he's always telling me what to do and yet he does nothng himself so simply i dont do anything just so he knows what its like then he does it, gotta stand up to people in this world tell them what you feel like when you've been told what to do, i stand up to any fool that trys starting on me then they just back off if they dont live in my area, always helped my dad with stuff if he dont know it and yet i get crap back so i give him crap back then he realises what its like

Edited by Hellzdev, 14 June 2006 - 09:34 PM.

#37 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Theres a huge dif between not taking guff from someone and respecting your parents. They support you, raise you, feed and clothe you, the least you can do is follow their rules and do as they ask. Now I can understand you "sticking up for yourself" if they are making you work at a swet shop all day long and they are keeping the profits. But it sounds to me like you are just getting into petty hippocritical arguments with your dad because he is telling you to do something and you think he is a lazy ass so why should you have to be any different? Bottom line, Respect your folks, when you have kids you will understand.

#38 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

Theres a huge dif between not taking guff from someone and respecting your parents. They support you, raise you, feed and clothe you, the least you can do is follow their rules and do as they ask. Now I can understand you "sticking up for yourself" if they are making you work at a swet shop all day long and they are keeping the profits. But it sounds to me like you are just getting into petty hippocritical arguments with your dad because he is telling you to do something and you think he is a lazy ass so why should you have to be any different? Bottom line, Respect your folks, when you have kids you will understand.

im just saying i basically do a whole lot for him and i get nothing in return only more and more do this and that so i get fed up with him

#39 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:49 PM

You get nothing in return? Do you pay 1/3 of the rent + utilities? Do you buy ALL of your own food? When is the last time you took them out for a meal? When is the last time you bought your parents clothes, or books, or games etc etc etc, open your eyes man, unless your dad has you living in the gutter outside your house eating dog crap you have alot more to be thankful for than apparently you realize.
I'm not trying to sound like an old bitch, I just feel you should have more. Especially someone who has spent half their life supporting you. Be grateful dude.

Just realized I think this is drifting a bit off topic, I apologize. I'm done with this thread.
- DB

Edited by Dirk Black, 14 June 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#40 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

i have a job i buy my own things the only things i get from them are birthday and xmas presents, i do basically everything for myself, yea its gone off topic but i was just trying to prove that the boy should be chased down for what he done cos he shouldnt have done that to the his mum, she pays for his stuff and that i suppose and she got that in return it just aint right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users