Photo

Welcome to Pixel2life Version 3 - AKA Hammertime!

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#181 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

Who would have thought we'd have a P2L home page that actually passes XHTML validation? I just happened to mention to Chaos how many errors we probably have on the validator, and he informs me it validates just fine lol! Yay!

Actually, I think validation is pure nonsense when it's all your fixated on, but I guess it's one less thing for the haters to harp on me about lol!

Dan

Worked in all browsers here validated or not mystery meat works too lol, oddly enough the ones harping the site isn't valid blah blah have errors on their sites. :whoosh[1]:

LOL! You're so bad hehehe

D, just gotta follow the advise I tell other people... never take criticism personally and always consider the source. ;) You can learn things from all kinds of weird places, and today I learned quite a bit... it's been a fun day.

Dan

#182 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:59 AM

Just a quick post that the site now closes towards the right like the older versions did... should be easier for the 800x600 ppl now :whoosh[1]:

Dan

#183 Clandestine

Clandestine

* Forum Police *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:59 AM

lol, its only been 3 days and i already forgot what v2 looked like. You should do a timeline, v1-2-3 and see the advancements side by side

-Devyn

posting at the same time as dan ftw

Edited by Clandestine, 03 August 2006 - 02:00 AM.

#184 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:00 AM

Who would have thought we'd have a P2L home page that actually passes XHTML validation? I just happened to mention to Chaos how many errors we probably have on the validator, and he informs me it validates just fine lol! Yay!

Actually, I think validation is pure nonsense when it's all your fixated on, but I guess it's one less thing for the haters to harp on me about lol!

Dan

Worked in all browsers here validated or not mystery meat works too lol, oddly enough the ones harping the site isn't valid blah blah have errors on their sites. :whoosh[1]:

D, just gotta follow the advise I tell other people... never take criticism personally and always consider the source. ;) You can learn things from all kinds of weird places, and today I learned quite a bit... it's been a fun day.

Dan

for example Dan learned that when I go on quick breaks from my computer my sister likes typing tons of faces to the chat window thats open...and I guess he wouldnt know this part but she does that then hides as fast as possible when she hears me coming back ;)

#185 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:02 AM

Congratulations to the P2L team for doing an excellent job!

I really like the design, green can be a cool colour when properly used. ;) Coding looks slick, much better than the previous version now the tables and sliced layout are gone. Tabs on the front page are working properly and overall loading time has decreased dramatically. :whoosh[1]:

The new icon looks very nice, I wonder who made it? I do think it looks better in a larger size, but obviously that's not an option with a small header. The text PIXEL2LIFE might stand out a bit more, together with the icon. That's the only graphical thing I'd change. Personally I love the overlapping items on the front page, it was the first thing I noticed and really focuses the attention to certain elements.

Thanks for this upgrade, wonderful job! ;)

#186 sp0173d_24

sp0173d_24

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Web Designing, Learning Multimedia,Programming

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

what a reat design i think Clandestine is right show the 1st 2nd and 3rd ersion of the site so we can see the improvements..this looks very awesome.....great work..whoooppp.................lets see whats the V4 looks like.lol

#187 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:12 AM

good job to all of you guys!

#188 blackvector

blackvector

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

YAYYYYYY! Looking sweet, indeed.

#189 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

Dan

Worked in all browsers here validated or not mystery meat works too lol, oddly enough the ones harping the site isn't valid blah blah have errors on their sites. :)

Dan

I learn't it all from you :( , just getting a tad ridiculous those posting elsewhere the site sucks, it loads slow, lots of errors in the forum coding, coding is bad it was rushed, ajax is poor, it's not valid and the list goes on and on. And yes I did look at the SOURCE all still in diapers, so not taking any of it seriously.

I also learn't a lot from all types of weird places.

#190 vGRD

vGRD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing in front of my computer.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

The new logo is so sweet! :D
Awesome job!

#191 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

I dunno what Dan's stats are but I just took a look at the Forum stats since the new release we've had 332 new registrations, 244 of those was when P2L opened back up :D This is a new record for Pixel2Life must be that great usability.

We also passed 16,000 members.

#192 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

Dan

Alot of times when your site is valid CSS and xhtml you do not need IE hacks to make it look right, it will look fine without them. Well thats just what I found with the new site im coding, I used IE hacks then tried to validate it, then everything got messed in IE after it was validated because of the hacks.

Hoot

#193 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:12 AM

Dan

Alot of times when your site is valid CSS and xhtml you do not need IE hacks to make it look right, it will look fine without them. Well thats just what I found with the new site im coding, I used IE hacks then tried to validate it, then everything got messed in IE after it was validated because of the hacks.

Hoot

Yea, I really dislike IE because I almost always get funny errors in it and I noticed that IE 7 beta makes even more problems. Also you have to keep in mind that there are still lots of people that use IE out there so you have to make it look good for them. :D

Anyway, I love the logo very original nice work guys.

dEcade

#194 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

This site use IE Hacks btw, and its still valid...

#195 Dark

Dark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

NG not to sound like i care but its only valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional, both css stylesheets arent valid (global/iehacks.
Again i dont care just correcting you, if you can read the content on the site then its all good :P

Oh and the design looks good as is.

EDIT
Good question l3lueMage, who actually put them in charge of deciding whats valid and whats not?
But i guess its just here to try and guide us and we can choose to use their service or not, i cant see it becoming a must to validate pages.

Edited by Dark, 03 August 2006 - 02:04 PM.

#196 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

I think w3.org should take down their validation, it just causes trouble for everyone, how do we know w3.org validates correctly, what makes them so special :P

#197 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

Wow, I really love it. Good job guys

#198 Marxx

Marxx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

Very nice work indeed!

#199 union-jack

union-jack

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

very nice job done here boys `n` girls, splendid stuff

#200 Neodug

Neodug

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Video games, Cars, girls.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

This isnt a flame post, I prefer the design and layout of the old version :/ Im sure you guys worked hard on this so its good the maority of people liked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users