Photo

Just checking in on everyone and the site! Comments?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering how everyone is doing and if everything is going ok with the site in general. We've all had time to adjust more or less to the new look and components of the v3 update, and I *hope* most of the server quirks have been worked out since our move last week. I'd really like to hear some comments, suggestions and issues you've been experiencing with the site, general feedback etc... You can PM, email or post them in here.

We've still got tons of things to add and a few little bugs we're working on, so lots coming up and I'd like to hear from you if you think we're heading in the right direction.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support and contributions to the community!

Dan

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:11 PM

Apart from being IP Banned for several hours lol looks to be going great, NGPixels is doing an awesome job so huge kudo's to all his work.

I think you left all those nasty spammers behind haven't been seeing many in the last week, thank goodness.

#3 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

Yes it was funny as Dan was banned too lol, our connections are too fast. :) going back to dialup.

#4 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:31 PM

Well done, everysingle one of you on the pixel2life team. i look forward to much more :)

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

rofl, Donna why was you IP banned?

I agree NGPixel is doing a great job on p2l :)

Whens Version 4? lol xD

- Adam :lol:

The new filtering that was put in place to mitigate the ddos attack was too restrictive, so ppl were getting banned or errors. I was having problems all morning.

Dan

#6 Net-Margin

Net-Margin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:My main interests would have to be general computing and digital imaging; but I also enjoy Website Design and animation.<br /><br />Away from the computer I enjoy watching Science programs and astronomy.<br /><br />My main skills would have to be XHTML and Web Marketing but I also have good knowledge in CSS, Search Engine Optimization and Javascript.<br /><br />I own the Macromedia Studio 8 which I believe is one of the best packages ever. I also use Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

I had a few mySQL problems about fourteen hours ago but not since. I don't know whether it was my end or your end as my ISP has been playing funny.

#7 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design &amp; Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:40 PM

G'day Faken and The P2L team. Absoulutely love the site, couldn't think of anything to say, BUT

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

Looking forward to anything you guys will add.

Cheers

#8 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

Just had a nice downtime :)

#9 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

You were probably locked out as I was Matthew, think they have finally sorted it now I hope.

#10 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

You were probably locked out as I was Matthew, think they have finally sorted it now I hope.

Yeah that's what i assumed, although if it was due to speed i doubt it as i only run on 512kbp/s. Anyway no harm done.

#11 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

Just had a nice downtime :(

Yeah that's what i assumed, although if it was due to speed i doubt it as i only run on 512kbp/s. Anyway no harm done.

Well I was banned and it's effecting other members including Dan.

Dan is with them trying to get this sorted asap so if you happen to get caught again just hold on to something.

#12 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

Well you guys are all doing an awsome job, and specialy NGpixels. can't wait for that new tutorial featur. well keep it up you guys are doing great but dont forget to take a little break once in a while :(

#13 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:56 PM

The site is looking good, haven't seen that many bugs just some times the site would load slower but that seems to be fixed now. Good Work Guys.

dEcade

#14 Joablen

Joablen

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

i also got IP banned for about 2 hours... it suckd

For Dan: Did u read the email i sent you a few days ago?

Edited by Joablen, 12 October 2006 - 05:37 PM.

#15 cheerio

cheerio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

Chaos King also pwn3d in the creation of v3! :( It's really good. I just want to see new developer tools

Edited by cheerio, 12 October 2006 - 05:43 PM.

#16 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Chaos King also pwn3d in the creation of v3! :( It's really good. I just want to see new developer tools

Beat me to it... was just about to say don't forget Chaos! He's realy busy with school now so you don't see much of him, but he did lots on v3 too! <3

Dan

#17 cheerio

cheerio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

Hip Hip, Hooray! Hip Hip, Hooray!

#18 Trusttec

Trusttec

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Wakeboarding, snowmobling

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:56 PM

I dont think only those two did a good job everyone that was involved with it did! Just finish up them developer tools which look like they are going to be totally awesome!

good job guys

#19 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

I dont think only those two did a good job everyone that was involved with it did! Just finish up them developer tools which look like they are going to be totally awesome!

good job guys

Well I can honestly say that the moderating team bust their asses on here day in and day out. Without them I really think this forum would have been removed years ago.

Dan

#20 PixelHiveDesign

PixelHiveDesign

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:08 PM

I have a few suggestions for the site:

1. 'Motivate' people to vote/ comment on tutorials. Do this by having your site display the tutorial details with vote bar and popup the tutorial at the same time. That way when a user is finished viewing the tutorial they are prompted to rate it and comment.

I would sort by rating after keyword... but its useless when they are unrated.

2. Ad more ways to discover tutorials already submitted. They don't all have to be completely intuitive either, add some fun ways, like grabbing all the little thumbnails and putting them into a big grid.

3. Rename tutorial of the week and site of the week to "Webdesigndev.com Ad of the Week"
- joking... ;)

4. Make user driven contests. Poll for contest ideas. Make them weekly and catalog them with winner's username and site if they have one. Let users view past contests, threads and winners. Give winners username a little trophy or star or pixel for each time they win a contest.
Toss in some pixel2life annual tutorial awards and hand out fun trophies like "Shiniest Tutorial Award", "Most Innovative Award", "Web 2.0ish Award", etc.

5. MORE community features. Forum is excellent but what else can we come up with that no one has?

Max (PHD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users