#21 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:44 PM

Rap is crap and so is the 'MCing' where you hold you hand to your moth and go 'phsoooom phsoooom' or whatever the hell you do with a 'backing' singer going 'yo yo ma homeboy' I don't mind some rappers such as a few of Eminems songs because he rapped about his life and it's meaning but people like 50 cent I mean what the hell is 'Welcome to the candyshop?' that is plain sad.

you know nothiung about rap. mcing is short for master of ceremony, so its not 'boom boom bap'. 'boom boom bap' is called beat boxing.

eminem is a crap rapper, so is fifty cent and every other commercial rapper that talks about big cars, ******* and booze. eminem is the worst of them all, just let me quote him "hilary duff cant make my wee-wee go doing doing doing". 50 cent steals lines from underground rappers that are actually good.

nuff said, rap sucks, hip-hop is the real deal. rap is owned by corporate america to entertain kids.

#22 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

Rap is crap and so is the 'MCing' where you hold you hand to your moth and go 'phsoooom phsoooom' or whatever the hell you do with a 'backing' singer going 'yo yo ma homeboy' I don't mind some rappers such as a few of Eminems songs because he rapped about his life and it's meaning but people like 50 cent I mean what the hell is 'Welcome to the candyshop?' that is plain sad.

you know nothiung about rap. mcing is short for master of ceremony, so its not 'boom boom bap'. 'boom boom bap' is called beat boxing.

eminem is a crap rapper, so is fifty cent and every other commercial rapper that talks about big cars, ******* and booze. eminem is the worst of them all, just let me quote him "hilary duff cant make my wee-wee go doing doing doing". 50 cent steals lines from underground rappers that are actually good.

nuff said, rap sucks, hip-hop is the real deal. rap is owned by corporate america to entertain kids.

well said :)

lol ill mitch is the type of person who make people look down on rap

Actually, rappers in general make ppl look down on rap.

Dan

if your "ignant"

#23 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

:) what is ignant?

Or is this a new rappers word entering our world?

#24 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:24 PM

I love how people try to justify that rap is great but "commercial rap" (The rap that most of us have heard of at some point) is all shit and only the elite underground stuff that no one has heard is great. Sorry, but that's ridiculous and the saddest excuse to justify any kind of music. Could you imagine this for everything?? "Oh yeah.. All rock songs on the radio suck, but the stuff they don't play that no one listens to is all the good stuff!"

I liked rap... when I was 12. Then I finally heard some real instruments in action and grew up and got out of that mindless nonsense. Watching guys like eminem is nothing short of hilarious, and not for the right reasons. Doesn't he realize how stupid he looks with his "death squint", clothes that are too big for him and his hands sticking out and contorted like he has severe arthritis?

Do people even realize that the ridiculous rapper or hip hop style of dressing comes from prison? Prisoners used to wear they're stuff to look stupid ON PURPOSE to protest the running of the prisons... they'd wear hats backwards, have one pant leg up, one down etc... now kids do it because they think it's stylish ROFL! It's looks just as stupid on them as it did on the prisoners.

Don't know if Zombie still lurks on here, but he had a great line he used to say to kids wearing their hats sideways. "Excuse me... does the sun only shine on one side of your face or do you just like looking like an idiot" LOL!

Dan

PS. werd

#25 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

faken faken faken, that pant leg up, bald head, white long t-shirt era was back in the ganster rap boom. it's done now.

and people only listen to the crappy comercial rap becasue its promoted and gets radio play. the true rappers that do it for the love of the culture rather than just the money, won't get sponsors as easily like ludacris with his pepsi.

but then again, ludacris has to censor his raps and 'tone it down' in interviews to the targeted market in his business.

Edited by coolaid, 05 May 2006 - 03:36 PM.

#26 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

Its not all about being a "g" and "gangsta" having big rims and fly ghetto hoochies, you can rap about anything, you can rap about rock music.... there is plenty of rap with positive messages. its only the stuff that people see that make them stereotype rap as being mindless.
its not just the "elite underground stuff" you call it have you ever heard of common, kanye west, slick rick? all are commercial and far from being gangsta, and have lyrics with positive lyrics

i could always look down on rock as being stupid and emo, people whining about thier lives and wanting to commit suicide. thats all i hear from rock nowadays.

and its not that i havent heard "real intruments" i play one.

ps: tubular dude!

:) what is ignant?

Or is this a new rappers word entering our world?

its just ignorant in slang.

Edited by BeaverElfeater, 05 May 2006 - 04:14 PM.

#27 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

God help us...

Dan

#28 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:30 PM

silly faken, God cant help you now mauahahahahahahahahaha

#29 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

I love how people try to justify that rap is great but "commercial rap" (The rap that most of us have heard of at some point) is all shit and only the elite underground stuff that no one has heard is great. Sorry, but that's ridiculous and the saddest excuse to justify any kind of music. Could you imagine this for everything?? "Oh yeah.. All rock songs on the radio suck, but the stuff they don't play that no one listens to is all the good stuff!"

I liked rap... when I was 12. Then I finally heard some real instruments in action and grew up and got out of that mindless nonsense. Watching guys like eminem is nothing short of hilarious, and not for the right reasons. Doesn't he realize how stupid he looks with his "death squint", clothes that are too big for him and his hands sticking out and contorted like he has severe arthritis?

Do people even realize that the ridiculous rapper or hip hop style of dressing comes from prison? Prisoners used to wear they're stuff to look stupid ON PURPOSE to protest the running of the prisons... they'd wear hats backwards, have one pant leg up, one down etc... now kids do it because they think it's stylish ROFL! It's looks just as stupid on them as it did on the prisoners.

Don't know if Zombie still lurks on here, but he had a great line he used to say to kids wearing their hats sideways. "Excuse me... does the sun only shine on one side of your face or do you just like looking like an idiot" LOL!

Dan

PS. werd

I now love you. LOL at the eminem bit I wear clothes that are too big for me but black band shirts and baggy jeans which I don't wear because they're 'fashion' but they are comfy and what I like..

#30 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

rap wont migrate into older white america until the white culture steals it from the black culture just like they did with rock....

#31 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:50 PM

I think the only reason people rap is they try to express thereself in a way whicih is not to mushy, i personally like rap although i dont listen to music that much, and i think the other reason is that rap can get you famous and paid, most famous rappers now grew up in the projects, now tell me that you wouldnt wanna get out of there... Al though rap is about 85% rubbish, i still like it :D

Edited by MK_LAGI, 05 May 2006 - 04:51 PM.

#32 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

rap wont migrate into older white america until the white culture steals it from the black culture just like they did with rock....

That's a very interesting but completely incorrect statement.

Dan

#33 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

That's a very interesting but completely incorrect statement.

Dan

not completely rock does have some black roots

#34 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

rock has completely black roots, just take a look at some older hip hop from 30-40 years ago. some still had raps over rock beats.

#35 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

I hate to rain on your parade, but much of the musical patterns are based on classical chords with a higher tempo and distortion (Hence why you can play Metallica music and match it beautifully to classical).

If you want older, look at the grass roots of UK rock such as the Beatles. Then we can talk about the migration of the blues, which most ppl mistakenly think is from the backwaters of the USA, which is incorrect. Blues rythms are much older and were sung in certain forms by the abused irish AND blacks in the very early 1900s. That's why there's green in the african union flag.

Rock has been influenced by whites, blacks and MUCH more.

Anyhow, you guys are clueless and chasing the wrong path on this train of thought... It's like saying that the 80s alternative scene became big because LA record labels starting carrying after it was already huge in the UK.

Dan

#36 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

i said "some", im on the right track, but thats beside the point

good rap > joo

#37 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:17 AM

My thoughts on rap is that true not all of it is good and alot of it is like that bling bling stuff and about how to get a girl in bed and drugs and what not and thats the rap i hate but some of the rap is good and it speaks about what life really is like....

like eminem... i know falken you are half right true alot of his songs are stupid and just he tries to hard to make fun of people or are just plain dumb... but he always has songs that talk about his life and that actualy mean something..... for example Mosh, Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, White America, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, The Way I Am, Marshall Mathers....

I used to be a fan of rap but now its too much of the dumb rap but everytime i hear some new songs that actualy mean something i will listen to it.... and plus its not only rap thast like that heavy metal isnt all that good to or like emo and punk..... all the types of music has their down fault becaus some artist make a bad image for it.....

one way or another ill stick to Our Lady Peace :P

#38 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

To pretty much end this discussion, some people like rap others dont, really depends on where and how you grew up and what your friends etc listen to

#39 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

I hate to rain on your parade, but much of the musical patterns are based on classical chords with a higher tempo and distortion (Hence why you can play Metallica music and match it beautifully to classical).

I agree with that, as Apocolypta (A heavy metal band) played a metallica ablum on 3 Chellos and it sounded amazing

#40 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:57 PM

To pretty much end this discussion, some people like rap others dont, really depends on where and how you grew up and what your friends etc listen to

Actually, the biggest factor is how old you are :P

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users