47 replies to this topic

#21 .Grumpy

.Grumpy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

Definitely watching the game. Friend has a 58 inch HDTV.

#22 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'm watching the game live lol.. and it's 16-14 for Indiana... I wonder where it will go!

#23 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

The Bears are getting their asses handed to them, this is brutal... Grossman is sucking complete ass, what a joke.

#24 ktd

ktd

* Something Ain't Right *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

Dan, I'm expecting not to hear from you for a few hours.

BTW, Anyone else think that the halftime show sucked? I mean, the cover of Best of You ruined that song.

#25 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Actually, I thought the Prince show was one of the best half-times I've ever seen. lol!

Dan

#26 Trusttec

Trusttec

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Wakeboarding, snowmobling

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

Man that pregame show was terrible in my opinion

#27 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:48 AM

What was pregame? I didn't tune in till 30 minutes after kick off.

Dan

#28 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

I watched this thing you call "Football" for the first time ever last night :o

Was on at midnight here! and I stayed up :) lol

And quite frankly, I was bored half way through. The whistle blows every 5 seconds, it's just boring. UK version of football, is sooooo much better :D

- Adam :D

That thing you call Rugby? lol

#29 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:16 AM

doesn't the superbowl last 6-8 hours for 1-2 hours of actually playing the game?

#30 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

The game is 3 hours, not 6 and it's divided into 4 15 minute quarters. Sorry but soccer also stops every 5 seconds because of diving and crying players, it's pathetic. If you guys think that hours of watching people kick a ball all over the field and scoring maybe 1 or 2 goals is exciting, that's your business, but your habit of invading every football thread with your "soccer is better" rants is fucking tiresome. Get over it, soccer blows... We've already had this discussion to death and quite frankly, those of you bashing the other sport have probably never played either sport in organized league play and have no clue what you're talking about. So seriously, stfu.

Dan

#31 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

That thing we call Rugby is good :D You don't stop AS MUCH as your Football ^_^ lol

- Adam ;)

The game is 3 hours, not 6 and it's divided into 4 15 minute quarters. Sorry but soccer also stops every 5 seconds because of diving and crying players, it's pathetic. If you guys think that hours of watching people kick a ball all over the field and scoring maybe 1 or 2 goals is exciting, that's your business, but your habit of invading every football thread with your "soccer is better" rants is fucking tiresome. Get over it, soccer blows... We've already had this discussion to death and quite frankly, those of you bashing the other sport have probably never played either sport in organized league play and have no clue what you're talking about. So seriously, stfu.

Dan

Rugby is a great game...but you cant compare it to American Football. I played both football and rugby in highschool, so I know both games well.

Rugby is what happens to soccer when you have real men play it. No pussy-footing around, no crying or whining. Just balls-out, hardcore sports.

My Rugby coach told us that rugby is an animals sport played by gentlemen, and soccer was a gentlemans sport played by animals. Unlike football, rugby has alot of rules about tackles you can make. Surprisingly, it is a very clean game to play, even though youre ripping ears and breaking bones :)

Dan -- couldn't have put it better myself.

#32 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

I'm a "Rugby" played and a respected one in my county. I don't mind American Football but i seriously think they should call it something else as Football is played with feet only. In my opinion American Football is more or less the same as Rugby. Football (soccer) is a great sport and i really hope David Beckham makes it more popular as there is good talented football players in America (Tim Howard).

#33 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

David Beckham is not an 'ass' and does not deserve the horrible critics he is getting from the media at the moment. He didn't deserve to be put out of the England squad as he was a great player despite not scoring many goals. I wish we still had him at Man U. and i hope he does a good job at LA Galaxy despite not being liked alot by his team mates because of his OTT salary.

#34 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

In my opinion American Football is more or less the same as Rugby.

I understand this is your opinion, but seriously, as a player of both it's not. I played Rugby for 3 years, soccer for 2 and Football for 8. Neither sport is all that similar to the other in terms of strategy, gameplay or rules. Actually, about all they have in common is that there's running involved as well as a ball. So does tennis, and that sport is about the same to soccer as Rugby is to football lol!

Rugby is a sustained pace, much like soccer... Football isn't sustained, it's played in bursts.

There's also many rules about hitting/tackling football... You can just grab anyone and throw them around or start yanking on facemasks or taking out ankles. Actually, the strategy behind football is quite a bit more advanced than Rugby or Soccer, which all have basic formations. It takes quite a bit longer to pick up a thorough knowledge of a standard football playbook than it does a rugby formation set. And quite seriously, unless you've actually played these games in a league sport (talking to everyone in general), you're clueless. Doesn't mean you can't decide what you like to WATCH on TV or play with your friends in the backyard, but you have no clue how hard a sport is to play or learn until you do it competitively, or how it compares to other sports.

Adam - I really don't care what you were trying to do, I don't want to see the poor soccer kiddies crying in every football related thread on this forum. North Americans already know Europeans are taught from birth to cry about how good soccer is any chance they get, you don't have to remind us.

#35 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

Yea Colts won ^_^

Hoot

#36 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:18 PM

Yea Colts won ^_^

Hoot

I hope every single one of the Colts players pay a small bonus to Grossman for his help with the win <_<

#37 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

I'm picking the Colts to win ^_^

Wow! Who called that one?

I didn't watch the game, not really a big football fan (there was a M*A*S*H* marathon on :D) but I do like playing it with my friends lol.

dEcade

Edited by dEcade, 05 February 2007 - 03:20 PM.

#38 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

Oh did anyone check out the Superbowl Ads? In Canada the networks don't play the american ads so we miss out on the big ad thing... They posted them on Youtune... http://youtube.com/superbowl

LOL @ The Snickers ad and all the homophobes posting comments.

#39 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

Gonna check them out right now, they are always pretty good!

#40 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

I'm picking the Colts to win :)

Wow! Who called that one?

I didn't watch the game, not really a big football fan (there was a M*A*S*H* marathon on :)) but I do like playing football with my friends lol.

dEcade

I miss MASH... that show was soooo good.

I actually sat on the couch and approved tutorials while I watched the game. Neither teams were among my preferred choices, so I rooted for the bears based on them being geographically closer to me than the colts lol! This is the first year I didn't go out and do the Superbowl party thing :(

San Fran, the Bills or the Steelers better be in the final for next year ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users