59 replies to this topic

#41 pirateXcore

pirateXcore

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

I agree 3gb ram and 640gb hard drive is nice but when you have a shit operating system like windows vista, accompanied by a computer that is bound to break, its worth getting a mac. HP is not going to give you all that loaded stuff if they dont expect you to buy some more parts. ie. your computer is slow because you need to get a bigger power supply. They just feed you in with perks like those to try and get you to spend your money on maintanence and other stuff.

anyway thats just my thoughts to that comment.

O yeah im using a pc right now (waiting to get my new mac) and its decent dont get me wrong but when i start running photoshop, illustrator, and dreamweaver all at once it slows it down a whole lot, and i have some pretty good memory in it.

Windows Vista is a goodd operating system, my mom recently got a new laptop running Vista w/ fingerprint scan login (not perfect tech. yet but it is still pretty cool) & it has the tablet display.
Those last two things don't really matter to the os...but i think they're pretty sweet - not something you commonly see.
Vista is a good OS though, I can't wait to get my new PC and play around with it some more. :)

You're expected to with a mac as well. You're not going to find a computer that isn't going to need to upgraded at some point. What's great about PCs, is you can get bigger, better parts, for a lower price than a mac. Then you're able to install these parts a lot easier...there was some one in this topic I think, bragging about how their mac uses 1 screw to open...well guess what. mine requires you to remove ZERO screws to open it. Zero screws to add/remove hardware.

It takes more than just memory to have a good running computer - you need HD space, a good processor, a good amount of memory..things like a good graphics card will help you as well. That's not just in PCs, the same goes for MACS.

The only reason I made this post, is because everyone complained about how this topic was turning into a MAC vs PC topic...and then went on to post about how great hteir mac is and that the opinions of others do not matter to them.

Yep, it's illegal. To get it to work on a PC, it takes a patched .iso of the OS X Install .DMG. Editing that file in such a manner as well as using it is highly illegal.

I can't imagine why you would want to put an apple os on your pc...it would probably do like the rest of their programs...install things to slow down your computer. Which, is personally, where my biggest quarrel with apple is and is the thing that has me 100% dead-set on never buying an apple product...the fact that they for some reason make it so that their programs slow down & crash pcs. It's either that they want to give you the sense that your pc isn't good, or that their programmers not very good...either way it makes the apple brand very unappealing.

Edited by tgs, 09 August 2007 - 03:55 AM.

#42 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

I can't imagine why you would want to put an apple os on your pc...it would probably do like the rest of their programs...install things to slow down your computer. Which, is personally, where my biggest quarrel with apple is and is the thing that has me 100% dead-set on never buying an apple product...the fact that they for some reason make it so that their programs slow down & crash pcs. It's either that they want to give you the sense that your pc isn't good, or that their programmers not very good...either way it makes the apple brand very unappealing.

What a load of shit.. where the fuck you think 90% of the ideas for vista came from?
Mod/admin close this topic this Mac bashing is pissing me off big time.
Narrowed mind pricks around here are really putting me off yet another Mac bashing site set of members.

#43 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

What a load of shit.. where the fuck you think 90% of the ideas for vista came from?
Narrowed mind pricks around here are really putting me off yet another Mac bashing site set of members.

christ the lad is allowed an opinion isnt he! he is just giving (possibly flawed) reasoning as to why he doesnt like macs - which he is fully entitled to do.

i get fucking sick and tired of people going on about how great macs are but yet refuse to listen to a pc users reasons as to why he doesnt like them, but i dont jump down all your throats do and tell you youre full of shite, so why you feel the need to is beyond me. all it does is turn a perfectly good thread nasty.

#44 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

Kiddies play nice now....this is my topic beyatches.

#45 knedl

knedl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Designing and programing

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:53 AM

Ah yes that confirms it you can't have a normal topic with the word "mac" in it without the bashing :)

#46 Mezzo

Mezzo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:13 AM

I have used both Macs and PCs and love both for their own reasons. Ones more expensive than the other, one has a better interface.....You'll never change people's mind by threads like this.

#47 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

When I was on PC, I used just about every mac software that was offered for it. None of the programs used very much resources. They never "caused a crash". I even used the Safari Beta for a while. You've got to realize that that was A BETA, it's allowed some bugs. Now please, pray tell, what programs of apple's "slowed down" your computer and "made it crash". Just for clarification, I'm not a fanboy, I just want to know what programs caused him such grief, because I never had it. Hell, I still run windows on Parallels because they've got some great software that mac doesn't.

NOW... As for the new iMac. I watched the keynote from the apple website. He kinda blew thru the iMac thing to get to iWork and iLife '08. But I did notice how he said the iMac was made from Aluminum, and SiO2 (Glass). They designed and built it with recycling in mind. Yay apple for thinking "green".

#48 PimpMyCom

PimpMyCom

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

that looks cool, I'm going to read into this abit more I'm in the market for a new mac.

#49 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

We have a report button, no need for nasty replies to members.

I've just read through this topic and see no reason to close it, but your reply is nasty please keep in mind flaming members will not be tolerated. Everyone is entittled to their own opinions, if you don't like reading them then pop into your controls and block them.

#50 pirateXcore

pirateXcore

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

When I was on PC, I used just about every mac software that was offered for it. None of the programs used very much resources. They never "caused a crash". I even used the Safari Beta for a while. You've got to realize that that was A BETA, it's allowed some bugs. Now please, pray tell, what programs of apple's "slowed down" your computer and "made it crash". Just for clarification, I'm not a fanboy, I just want to know what programs caused him such grief, because I never had it. Hell, I still run windows on Parallels because they've got some great software that mac doesn't.

NOW... As for the new iMac. I watched the keynote from the apple website. He kinda blew thru the iMac thing to get to iWork and iLife '08. But I did notice how he said the iMac was made from Aluminum, and SiO2 (Glass). They designed and built it with recycling in mind. Yay apple for thinking "green".

Quicktime and iTunes, you can search the web and find out more about it.

Well that should be expected from Apple, Steve Jobs was part of the hippie era. I don't think he partook in very much, because that was the time he was first getting into computers. But recyclable products is where everyone needs to take their electronics imo.

At the past few people who are apparently angry with me, why do you have a problem with me talking about computers in a topic that was started to discuss...get this - computers. The topic may have broadened, but it's still staying pretty close to the original topic. But that's beside the point, you all have a problem with people discussing their opinions on the different computers, and will sit and whine, and try to bash those people? Sorry, but that will only get YOU in trouble on just about any forum.
I will step out of this topic and let it go back to what it started as wholly. Starting with what albinoAZN said about what the new iMac is made of. I'm sure we're not the only ones to think this is a good idea and probably a smart move for any company to make.

#51 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

LoL who would of thought the new imac would bring so much trouble to one forum.

#52 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

lol, the person who started this topic.

#53 Mezzo

Mezzo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

lol, the person who started this topic.

As soon as you put Mac in the title you were expecting trouble :)

#54 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

I have no problem with a person having their opinion of what system they prefer. None what so ever.
But I do have a problem when that opinion has comments in that (in my opinion) flame another's choice.
Ok so you like PC and I like Mac.. and that is where it should stay.
The thread is about the new iMac so I say if you are not in the market for a new Mac and if you like your PC then why bother reading this topic in the first place.

#55 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Git alooooong liiiittle dawggiies, and push on them mutton... keep going like this, and aaaah'll push mah ban button!

*bows*

#56 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Git alooooong liiiittle dawggiies, and push on them mutton... keep going like this, and aaaah'll push mah ban button!

*bows*

:)

*applauds*

#57 Mezzo

Mezzo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

;)

Sigh, entire thread has gotten totally off topic. It has nothing to do with software only that the new iMac was announced.

#58 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Woohoo for Aluminum and Silicon DiOxide!

#59 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

*laughs at the specs*

#60 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

I think it looks very pretty but i agree with Donna on the wrist support thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users