59 replies to this topic

#21 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

The only thing i've ever seen saying that a mac is good, is apple fanboys.

Alas, Timmy, it is time to open your eyes then...

#22 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

SpatialVisionary that is for the old iMac, the one I call "The toilet bowl" LOL.

#23 knedl

knedl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Designing and programing

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

I used to criticize the mac back in the days but that was before I actually bought one, since then I'm in love. The new one in my opinion is first of all good-looking and great value for money, it's a shame I didn't wait a few weeks but on the other side it's more than good for me.

#24 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

The only thing i've ever seen saying that a mac is good, is apple fanboys.

Alas, Timmy, it is time to open your eyes then...

I own a MacPro (one of the new ones) and it's a wonderful system. No complaints here, but I'm not a Mac fanboy. I work all day on a PC and use one all night when I go home. It's what I like. However, I'm pretty sure this thread was a discussion about the new iMac. Everyone knows Macs cost a bundle more than pcs do and everyone knows you dont like macs, so keep it to yourself. It's not something we need to hear.

#25 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

I swear, people don't know how to keep those kind of opinions to themselves (mac v pc). Nobody cares which one you think is better, that's not what this topic is about.

I think they should get rid of the giant chin at the bottom and make the screen bigger. Or perhaps go widescreen.

Edited by albinoAZN, 08 August 2007 - 09:31 AM.

#26 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Yeah they have got a big chin.. but so does mine and I always wondered why. So the other day it got the better of me so I had a look. Once you see what they have in there it isn't that big at all really.
Mine from mem has the hdd, ram, remote sensor, fan and another white box that I am not sure what that is. So the do pack rather alot in that chin.

#27 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

I suppose it would have to be thicker if they removed the chin. I'd rather the chin than it being thicker.

#28 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

It looks good, but once again, you pay for the design. I could get 2x better specs for that price on a PC simply because I don't have to pay for the "Apple" brand design. The keyboard looks good but surely not comfortable to type.

#29 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

The keyboard is the same style as the Macbook keys. They are extremely comfotable to type on.

#30 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

why the hell is this always turning into a god dam Mac vs PC vs LINUX .... they are all good machine and they all have their pros and cons.... now shut the hell up.... if you don't like them don't even bother replying... I support all 3 systems they are all great in their own way....

and people always saying mac cost alot just don't realize how much technology is in those iMac's to make them that skinny.... people like less bulky things like PC's so they by the iMac and these days you always pay more for less meaning you pay more for smaller devices... and being able to fit all of what your PC has into an iMac with also a screen is increadible... and the price fits it right... so stop complainning...

now stop it with the mac and pc bashing... you people are all so negetive.... bug off if you have nothing good to say...

#31 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

oops sorry bugs... I didnt mean too :P

#32 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

Yes they cost more.. but then look at what you are getting in the long run.
With the install of the OSX (which is a fraction of the cost of windows) I can do the following with out installing ANYTHING.

Make websites
Create a photo album.
Edit videos
Make a dvd
go on the net
send email
code
make widgets
must be more... did I miss anything? Not sure.
I like all computers.. they are all very nice.. the fact that I only use Linux and Mac now is not saying windows is bad, in my view they all have their role to play and they all play it nicely.
But there is on hell of a lot of technology in my iMac with it's very small foot print and for what I got it cost me a lot less than a PC would if I had to buy everything to the same specs as the mac has, then the OS (which came with the Mac) and then all the PC software to do what I can do on OSX install on the Mac. So price to me is not a good argument .

#33 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

oops sorry bugs... I didnt mean too :swear:

You better be... :P

Do not take Bugs name in vein!

Well at least I have one fan :hitit:

#34 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

why the hell is this always turning into a god dam Mac vs PC vs LINUX .... they are all good machine and they all have their pros and cons.... now shut the hell up.... if you don't like them don't even bother replying... I support all 3 systems they are all great in their own way....

and people always saying mac cost alot just don't realize how much technology is in those iMac's to make them that skinny.... people like less bulky things like PC's so they by the iMac and these days you always pay more for less meaning you pay more for smaller devices... and being able to fit all of what your PC has into an iMac with also a screen is increadible... and the price fits it right... so stop complainning...

now stop it with the mac and pc bashing... you people are all so negetive.... bug off if you have nothing good to say...

My comment wasn't a Mac vs. PC fyi, I simply mentionned the high price and that the keyboard didn't seem confortable. As for size justifying the high price, your argument isn't quite good. Laptops are even smaller and they cost less for the same specs. So there's no reason for Apple to put such a high price. They would sell much more Macs if their cost was reasonable.

Yes they cost more.. but then look at what you are getting in the long run.
With the install of the OSX (which is a fraction of the cost of windows) I can do the following with out installing ANYTHING.

Make websites
Create a photo album.
Edit videos
Make a dvd
go on the net
send email
code
make widgets
must be more... did I miss anything? Not sure.
I like all computers.. they are all very nice.. the fact that I only use Linux and Mac now is not saying windows is bad, in my view they all have their role to play and they all play it nicely.
But there is on hell of a lot of technology in my iMac with it's very small foot print and for what I got it cost me a lot less than a PC would if I had to buy everything to the same specs as the mac has, then the OS (which came with the Mac) and then all the PC software to do what I can do on OSX install on the Mac. So price to me is not a good argument .

OSX cost less, but their new OS are more frequent. So it turn out to be mostly the same thing in both case. (your argument isn't good!) You can do all of this with Windows as well, BUT I have to give it to the Mac for having these tools in a very professional way. It's definitely a great plus for the Mac over Windows.

As for components costing more than a Mac, maybe it's time you start looking at another PC store? lol

#35 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

no no don't worry NGPixel the mac VS pc thing wasnt about you... it was for the other guy that first started the arguments.... but yeah trust me to get a laptop that is as good as the iMac costs quite a bit and even then alot of those laptop tend to be as bulky and as big as the iMac's only skinny laptops are actualy the apple one's like the mabook pro and stuff...

Edited by lilman, 08 August 2007 - 10:36 PM.

#36 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

Heres an idea:

Why don't you just put Mac's OS on a non-MAC system?

:P

(actually that sounds like a good idea - I have x2 HDD in my laptop; might get OSX on my spare)

Edited by Ben, 08 August 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#37 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

As for components costing more than a Mac, maybe it's time you start looking at another PC store? lol

Umm no.. that was buying off me! I do run a company in case you didn't know that my costs were based on WHOLESALE not retail.
Ben.. because then it would not be legal. Also you seem to forget that Macs are HARDWARE FUSSY in that I mean they don't just shove any part from some back water asian country in their systems and the OS has been written around the fact that the hardware is up to their specs. So if you had a PC that has cheap and nasty parts then OSX is going to fall over every time.

#38 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Umm no.. that was buying off me! I do run a company in case you didn't know that my costs were based on WHOLESALE not retail.
Ben.. because then it would not be legal. Also you seem to forget that Macs are HARDWARE FUSSY in that I mean they don't just shove any part from some back water asian country in their systems and the OS has been written around the fact that the hardware is up to their specs. So if you had a PC that has cheap and nasty parts then OSX is going to fall over every time.

Well, I have a quality laptop - so I don't think it would suck so bad. But I never knew it wasn't legal :P Why don't people tell me these things...

#39 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Yep, it's illegal. To get it to work on a PC, it takes a patched .iso of the OS X Install .DMG. Editing that file in such a manner as well as using it is highly illegal.

#40 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

And to add, on Apples site they say to buy OSX you need to own a Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users