pathetic poeple.

#62 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:58 AM

Well, it wasn't cthulhu (like I kinda hoped), but a completely made up monster. IMO the face looked like the beast from Gears of War. I for one loved the movie. There were a lot of subtle elements that made it great for me. One thing was when they were running down the stairs of the apartment at the beginning, you hear a girl say, "you think it's another terrorist attack?" I think the reactions of the people were pretty realistic, except for the "OH MY GOD X3" guy... Another thing is that the actual movie part was almost exactly 1hr 20min long, the length of a DV tape for a handheld. The next to last scene (before the "flashback", (don't want to reveal anything for anyone who hasn't seen it)) was pretty sad to me... I'll admit that I was on the edge of my seat, and you could tell who else in the theater had been following it prior to release, because they were too.

I've seen it three times.. lol. If they make a sequal, I'd like for it to be the same even from the military POV, and not from a handheld. Don't get me wrong, I loved the handheld throughout the movie, it made the experience that much more realistic, like how you never really saw the whole monster at once. I just don't think the military carries around a little camcorder with them, so an omniscient POV would be necessary.

#63 Dilfill

Dilfill

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:PHOTOSHOP!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:51 AM

I saw this....I liked it but they didnt really make you care about anything and at the end you knew just as much as you did in the first 20 min lol

#64 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

K, here's my drawing of the monster from memory. I saw the movie last saturday.
Spoiler

#65 David Knight

David Knight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

K, here's my drawing of the monster from memory. I saw the movie last saturday.

Spoiler

That's pretty good, all-though didn't it have the following?

Spoiler

#66 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

No,
Spoiler

Edited by albinoAZN, 26 January 2008 - 12:42 PM.

#67 jold101

jold101

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Creating websites with (x)HTML coding, PHP coding, CSS styling, AJAX and MySQL databases. Online gaming (Counter Strike etc.) and golf.

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:03 PM

I saw it yesterday. I really enjoyed it, the handheld camera kept you just as confused as the main characters were on what was going on.

#68 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

I can understand folks not liking the movie, but to me, it seems like most of those people don't understand what this movie was trying to do. Every monster movie until cloverfield is showing you a monster attack from an omniscient perspective; you get to see EVERYTHING. Cloverfield took a completely different approach and tries to put you right in the middle. They made it seem like you were actually there. You wouldn't know all this background information that you find out in different scenes like in other movies. You know just as much as Rob and the gang. And in the end, you probably would've been killed anyway. (lol)

#69 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

I liked it. Filming technique worked well, as an experiment I think it has achieved for the most art what it was intended to. Storyline was refreshingly unexplanatory (that's not a word but yeah...), actually gives you something to think about rather than this modern trend were everything has to be explained and everything has to be handed to you on a plate to completely rule out any fear of imagination setting in as a complement.

Surprisingly powerful I thought also, did something (for me) that no film I've seen (perhaps with the exception of I am legend [primarily due to the last quarter of the film]) has done since 28 days later in that it actually made me feel like I was watching something that was set out to connect with the audience instead of...I don't know...lecture them?

Edited by Matthew., 14 February 2008 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users