• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Soccer is when you like kicking a round (like this: o ) ball around, rugby, american football and such is when you like to kick a ball that looks like it's been raped (like this () ) and to lay on top of other men, touching eachother and shouting. A bit gay if you ask me :P

#42 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:37 PM

Soccer is when you like kicking a round (like this: o ) ball around, rugby, american football and such is when you like to kick a ball that looks like it's been raped (like this () ) and to lay on top of other men, touching eachother and shouting. A bit gay if you ask me :)

So...?

Dan

#43 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:51 PM

Soccer is when you like kicking a round (like this: o ) ball around, rugby, american football and such is when you like to kick a ball that looks like it's been raped (like this () ) and to lay on top of other men, touching eachother and shouting. A bit gay if you ask me :D

I think you just say that because you were picked last in a game :)

#44 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

Lol, actually not. I played soccer before, but quited - no, not because it was too gay. No, not because it was too few gay activities. I just like the sport Data better (yes, it is true, it is a sport. I run 3000m in 2 minutes less now compared to when I played soccer :) ).
I still think soccer is cooler though, can't help it, it might be because I'm used to it.

#45 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

Lol, actually not. I played soccer before, but quited - no, not because it was too gay. No, not because it was too few gay activities. I just like the sport Data better (yes, it is true, it is a sport. I run 3000m in 2 minutes less now compared to when I played soccer :P ).
I still think soccer is cooler though, can't help it, it might be because I'm used to it.

A bit homophobic are we? I still don't see what sexual preference has to do with soccer.

Dan

#46 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

football is better, football american sucks, football american is boring and is stupid.

FFTW(football for the win) XD

#47 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:58 PM

football is better, football american sucks, football american is boring and is stupid.

FFTW(football for the win) XD

Quiet before I kick you in the nads :P

Dan

#48 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:13 AM

Only sport i really enjoy wathcing and playing is Football (or soccer for you americans :)). Baseball is boring to both watch and play, if you stand in the back you just stand there, becuase most people can barely hit the ball ( including me ) , and do nothing. I usually just go lay down and chill. lol. Americas football is pretty fun to watch, but i never played it myself. Hockey is imo shit (sorry for all you hardcore hockey fans :(). Its only fun to see people being smashed against the side. :) Also for the fact i cant iceskate for shit, i fell once, hard, on my chin, i didnt feel much, only a bit dizzy, and thought i was ok, so i just go on with 'iceskating', more like sliding left and right, and all people kept staring at me, and im like wth are you all looking at, turns out theer was a huge cut in my chin and my chin and coat was all bloody... No more iceskating for me, the next 10 years. :D

Well anyway, in short, i cant wait for the football World Cup. ;)

#49 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

Only sport i really enjoy wathcing and playing is Football (or soccer for you americans ;)). Baseball is boring to both watch and play, if you stand in the back you just stand there, becuase most people can barely hit the ball ( including me ) , and do nothing. I usually just go lay down and chill. lol. Americas football is pretty fun to watch, but i never played it myself. Hockey is imo shit (sorry for all you hardcore hockey fans ;)). Its only fun to see people being smashed against the side. ;) Also for the fact i cant iceskate for shit, i fell once, hard, on my chin, i didnt feel much, only a bit dizzy, and thought i was ok, so i just go on with 'iceskating', more like sliding left and right, and all people kept staring at me, and im like wth are you all looking at, turns out theer was a huge cut in my chin and my chin and coat was all bloody... No more iceskating for me, the next 10 years. :(

Well anyway, in short, i cant wait for the football World Cup. :)

Baseball does suck to watch or play...but kickball...thats fun XD Dunno why its so much more fun to play kickball then baseball since they are practically the same thing but it is :P

Hocky....so rough, fans are insane, not my type :D
iceskate...I iceskate lol though I suck!

But I rollerblade...havent done any tricks on them even though they are rollerblades with the grinding material thingy in the middle(such a noob at this stuff XD)...but last time I used them was last summer, went down a super steep hill, fell, broke arm...skinned hand to the point you could see the muscle...need I say more?

SOCCER STILL FTW :D

#50 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:37 PM

A bit homophobic are we? I still don't see what sexual preference has to do with soccer.

Nah, I'm not, but I can't find a good arguement why not. I'm just not, gay people are cute. Actually, my ex had some kind of a relationship with a woman right after she dated me. ;)

#51 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

Nah, I'm not, but I can't find a good arguement why not. I'm just not, gay people are cute. Actually, my ex had some kind of a relationship with a woman right after she dated me. :P

okay can we not talk about bi and gay please...@.@

#52 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:14 PM

Nah, I'm not, but I can't find a good arguement why not. I'm just not, gay people are cute. Actually, my ex had some kind of a relationship with a woman right after she dated me.

dude really what the heck did you do to make her go off guys so fast???

#53 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

I run 3000m in 2 minutes less now compared to when I played soccer :D ).

So you are saying you can run 2 miles in 2 minutes. If that's the case you have the new world record. :P

Regards,

Jason :D

#54 MySt

MySt

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:39 PM

^ Willing to bet thats an extra zero.

I prefer to watch American soccer, but prefer to play American football. Though I don't really enjoy either of them, tennis is my thing.

#55 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:59 AM

Nah, I'm not, but I can't find a good arguement why not. I'm just not, gay people are cute. Actually, my ex had some kind of a relationship with a woman right after she dated me.

Dunno really, but I do find it quite fascinating :P
Anyway, both American Football and Rugby sounds fascinating, itīd be cool to try out sometime, though I do think Iīll like soccer better.

So you are saying you can run 2 miles in 2 minutes. If that's the case you have the new world record.

Well, what I really meant was that I used to play football, and then ran 3000m in 13-15 minutes, then I switched to just sitting in front of my computer, and now I can do it in 11,5 minutes ;)

Edited by Indigo, 02 June 2006 - 03:03 AM.

#56 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:10 AM

Dunno really, but I do find it quite fascinating :P
Anyway, both American Football and Rugby sounds fascinating, itīd be cool to try out sometime, though I do think Iīll like soccer better.

So you are saying you can run 2 miles in 2 minutes. If that's the case you have the new world record.

Well, what I really meant was that I used to play football, and then ran 3000m in 13-15 minutes, then I switched to just sitting in front of my computer, and now I can do it in 11,5 minutes ;)

Thats more realistic, 3000m is about 1.8/9 miles. Last time I tried, ran/walked for 45min and went about 3.5miles...slow I know >.<

Edited by l3lueMage, 02 June 2006 - 03:10 AM.

#57 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:57 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...?thread=3088832 :tiphat:

theyre having the exact same comments and arguments as happened in this thread.

Edited by Stu, 07 June 2006 - 06:58 AM.

#58 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:24 AM

Hahha... a thread on the BBC UK site... no bias there or anything ROFL! It baffles me how people that have never played both sports in any formal league see themselves fit to provide even the slightest opinion on the topic.

Dan

#59 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hahha... a thread on the BBC UK site... no bias there or anything ROFL! It baffles me how people that have never played both sports in any formal league see themselves fit to provide even the slightest opinion on the topic.

Dan

well, it isnt really, seeing as a few of the main contributors to the thread are american and candian. people can base opinions on what they see too, you dont have to have played a game to understand what it is like in terms of fitness or aggressiveness etc. but actually one or two people in that thread have played both (or all three - league, union, american football).

the bit that cracked me up was the american fella correcting the english blokes spelling of armour with armOr :tiphat:

but anyways, i suppose the point of that link was to show that other places seem to have the same meaningless and endless debates as we have just had here. much like the 'whats best' thread in the 3d forum :P

#60 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

oh yes, but i beat them to it :tiphat:

Dan how about a debates form where we can have a few more England v America debates, i think who has the better cars would be another good topic, i'll be able to debate that for hours lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users