318 replies to this topic

#81 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

alright im looking to get server seed is it stable cause they seem to be down often.

#82 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

It seemed over the long weekend they were having tons of server problems (still are but mine isn't affected ;))

Hoot

#83 lipsum1992

lipsum1992

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

My dad use to host with serverseed and never had trouble with them. Had the few ups and downs every now and then, but still every host will have that. Any host you go to, as did serverseed, will have troubles with staff at some point. I run my own hosting company and currently only have two staff members, me and Nima (as you may know on here) and we both deal with support the best we can but im not even happy with the support we're providing as i admit, and as Faken said, the owner of a company isn't going to know about every deparment, this is why we have diplomas ect, takes a while to find someone who can deal with these things quickly and sufficiantly. Serverseed, as i said, is a brilliant host and i dont think they deserved the criticism they have recieved. Any troubles that you happen to get with them put a support ticket, if you dont get one then try phoning the support line ect and if need be, wait. It doesn't hurt to wait a while, a site starts off as a site un known and wont get visitors. If you lose visiotrs to downtime, so be it. Look at Zymic for example. When they started designing there latest layout, it took them absoloutly ages and they still dont update all that often due to staff communication problems. They lost a lot of regular visitors ect during the downtime of the site while the new one was being designed and they got them back. If you lose custom/visitors to downtime, work on getting them back. You done it when the site opened, your be able to do it again.

Chris

#84 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

I've always been very satisfied with Serverseed. never had to wait more than two days for support and if things got messed up due a mistake at their side i got compensated.
But now I'm already waiting more than a month for support. Everywhere on the net threads like this pop up because of the lack of information. Till today no body knows exactly whats wrong. The only information we get comes from people like Faken who knows Tyler personally and even they get told they have everything under control apparently.

Tyler is the boss, and there for responsible for his employees and company. Apparently something went wrong big time, these things happen, and like u say it is impossible to have everything under control once u start to work with employees. But once you're not able anymore to give the support and service between reasonably boundaries that costumers pay for than you should take your responsibility and inform them that you messed things up and that you're doing everything in your power to solve this. Sending a mass mail takes 5 minutes.
Even if keeping the customers in the dark was the business strategy of choice than i think after a month its pretty much time to come back on that decision and inform the customers.

#85 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:41 AM

sorry, but this whole post is absolute bollocks.

firstly, im glad your dad had better experiences with SS compared to the majority on here. but that doesnt change the fact that we all got shat on for months by them.

Any host you go to, as did serverseed, will have troubles with staff at some point. I run my own hosting company and currently only have two staff members, me and Nima (as you may know on here) and we both deal with support the best we can but im not even happy with the support we're providing as i admit, and as Faken said, the owner of a company isn't going to know about every deparment, this is why we have diplomas ect, takes a while to find someone who can deal with these things quickly and sufficiantly.

the only interest i have in serverseeds staff troubles is when im not getting a service i paid for. apart from that i couldnt give a stuff, as blunt and nasty as that sounds. they deserved the criticism they got because they left themselves open for it by having non-existant support and a generally poor service all around. if they dont have the man power bloody hire some more.

Any troubles that you happen to get with them put a support ticket, if you dont get one then try phoning the support line ect and if need be, wait. It doesn't hurt to wait a while

when your site has been hacked due to unsecure servers you are hosted on and you need something important doing to fix it, it DOES hurt to wait, so dont sit there and tell us it doesnt. and anyways, why the *** should we wait when were paying for it?!?!?

If you lose visiotrs to downtime, so be it. Look at Zymic for example. When they started designing there latest layout, it took them absoloutly ages and they still dont update all that often due to staff communication problems. They lost a lot of regular visitors ect during the downtime of the site while the new one was being designed and they got them back. If you lose custom/visitors to downtime, work on getting them back. You done it when the site opened, your be able to do it again.

oh thats right, because of SS poor service, we should double our efforts in luring back visitors and business we lost because of them. makes perfect sense!
sorry but this is probably the most ludicrous part of your post, if that is your business ethic you probably wont ever make a very good business man (or host!), as if you posted that to a paying customer they would probably - very bluntly - tell you which orifice to stick your own sausage in.
and as for zymic, you will probably find that was thier own staffs problem, and not thier hosts problem, so they were bringing it upon themselves, and to compare the two circumstances is just plain crazy.

Edited by Stu, 06 September 2006 - 12:43 AM.

#86 lipsum1992

lipsum1992

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

sorry, but this whole post is absolute bollocks.

firstly, im glad your dad had better experiences with SS compared to the majority on here. but that doesnt change the fact that we all got shat on for months by them.

Any host you go to, as did serverseed, will have troubles with staff at some point. I run my own hosting company and currently only have two staff members, me and Nima (as you may know on here) and we both deal with support the best we can but im not even happy with the support we're providing as i admit, and as Faken said, the owner of a company isn't going to know about every deparment, this is why we have diplomas ect, takes a while to find someone who can deal with these things quickly and sufficiantly.

the only interest i have in serverseeds staff troubles is when im not getting a service i paid for. apart from that i couldnt give a stuff, as blunt and nasty as that sounds. they deserved the criticism they got because they left themselves open for it by having non-existant support and a generally poor service all around. if they dont have the man power bloody hire some more.

Any troubles that you happen to get with them put a support ticket, if you dont get one then try phoning the support line ect and if need be, wait. It doesn't hurt to wait a while

when your site has been hacked due to unsecure servers you are hosted on and you need something important doing to fix it, it DOES hurt to wait, so dont sit there and tell us it doesnt. and anyways, why the *** should we wait when were paying for it?!?!?

If you lose visiotrs to downtime, so be it. Look at Zymic for example. When they started designing there latest layout, it took them absoloutly ages and they still dont update all that often due to staff communication problems. They lost a lot of regular visitors ect during the downtime of the site while the new one was being designed and they got them back. If you lose custom/visitors to downtime, work on getting them back. You done it when the site opened, your be able to do it again.

oh thats right, because of SS poor service, we should double our efforts in luring back visitors and business we lost because of them. makes perfect sense!
sorry but this is probably the most ludicrous part of your post, if that is your business ethic you probably wont ever make a very good business man (or host!), as if you posted that to a paying customer they would probably - very bluntly - tell you which orifice to stick your own sausage in.
and as for zymic, you will probably find that was thier own staffs problem, and not thier hosts problem, so they were bringing it upon themselves, and to compare the two circumstances is just plain crazy.

I thought someone might slam me for that. I was like sort of half sleep when i made that post so to be honest surprised it actualy made sense at all.

#87 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

sorry, i did not mean to come across as rude - its just a frustrating subject for me lately, add to that a hangover and a slow day at work and we have a recipe for disaster :)

#88 lipsum1992

lipsum1992

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

sorry, i did not mean to come across as rude - its just a frustrating subject for me lately, add to that a hangover and a slow day at work and we have a recipe for disaster :)

Didn't come across rude the slightest. Not very happy anyway, been able to sleep till what ever time I wanted to for the past 6 weeks then got woken up today for school and now im dreading knowing that this time in two years ill be starting college.

#89 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:11 AM

sorry, i did not mean to come across as rude - its just a frustrating subject for me lately, add to that a hangover and a slow day at work and we have a recipe for disaster :D

Didn't come across rude the slightest. Not very happy anyway, been able to sleep till what ever time I wanted to for the past 6 weeks then got woken up today for school and now im dreading knowing that this time in two years ill be starting college.

enjoy it while you can, best days of your life :)

#90 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:00 AM

Didn't come across rude the slightest. Not very happy anyway, been able to sleep till what ever time I wanted to for the past 6 weeks then got woken up today for school and now i'm dreading knowing that this time in two years ill be starting college.

Lipsum I'm not familiar with your school system, but i take it your year of birth is 1992? Running your own hosting company?

Today i checked again my serverseed control billing panel, to check if they had a look at my support tickets yet.
Lovely, they did! They deleted two of them, and closed the last one without any explanation! So thus ofcourse my problems are still not solved! :)
Thanks Tyler! When it comes to paying my bills i always paid the the day i got them, i wonder if u would have been as patience as I've been the past month.

Edited by Fsquad, 06 September 2006 - 04:03 AM.

#91 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Just to keep u guys updated :)

I still haven't got any support, we're already kept in the dark for more than a month and the zeta server were a lot of us got transferred on is more down than up the past few days. Just like 1/2 of the other servers taking it from the status page btw.

Faken i pm'd you, got the confirmation message that my pm was sent, but the message did not appear in my sent list. I assume u never got it? Could u ask Tyler to have a look at my account (fsquad) please and that he'd finally inform us about what the hell is going on.

If u google for serverseed, the first google pages are full of complaint threads like this. :unsure:

I'm not defending anyone here, but the first few complaint threads I looked at on your google link were their own fault. Two them that complained blocked the emails that were sent to them with their new registration info once they registered. Ty resent it and it was blocked again.

Anyhow, I sent a note to Ty about this stuff, so hopefully you folks get some action.

Dan

#92 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

Just to keep u guys updated :)

I still haven't got any support, we're already kept in the dark for more than a month and the zeta server were a lot of us got transferred on is more down than up the past few days. Just like 1/2 of the other servers taking it from the status page btw.

Faken i pm'd you, got the confirmation message that my pm was sent, but the message did not appear in my sent list. I assume u never got it? Could u ask Tyler to have a look at my account (fsquad) please and that he'd finally inform us about what the hell is going on.

If u google for serverseed, the first google pages are full of complaint threads like this. :unsure:

I'm not defending anyone here, but the first few complaint threads I looked at on your google link were their own fault. Two them that complained blocked the emails that were sent to them with their new registration info once they registered. Ty resent it and it was blocked again.

Anyhow, I sent a note to Ty about this stuff, so hopefully you folks get some action.

Dan

also, when i looked 3 or 4 out of the 5 results i saw were started by the same person that started this thread!

#93 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Good point. But still negative publicity that could be missed and avoided by a good communication with your costumers.

Edited by Fsquad, 06 September 2006 - 11:29 AM.

#94 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

Good point. But still negative publicity that could be missed and avoided by a good communication with your costumers.

I agree 100%, but bear in mind that sometimes when ppl complain, further investigation reveals perhaps blame was a bit too quick. Obviously with the amount of complaints there's an issue here, so not justifying anything. Hopefully Ty and co address these issues otherwise they'll continue to lose business.

Dan

#95 Kilzon

Kilzon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

I agree 100%, but bear in mind that sometimes when ppl complain, further investigation reveals perhaps blame was a bit too quick. Obviously with the amount of complaints there's an issue here, so not justifying anything. Hopefully Ty and co address these issues otherwise they'll continue to lose business.

Dan

I agree with that, I found this thread because I have been a SS customer for almost 3 years with my personal domain hosting and have had no troubles. But I am having lits of issues now and have got no response from SS support. So I Google'd for a phone number or something, and came across this thread.
(btw the number listed on the domain info for serverseed.com is disconnected now ;) )

I moved my only client to SS for their webhosting and things had been near-perfect up until the past month after the hackfest those kids had. I also talked my employer into hosting their photo website with SS and this site is down hard and has been for about 2 weeks. It appears the that account for that domain is missing from the lamda server as I cannot login with the username and pw I created. Since the early August, none of my support tickets have been answered. One site loses DNS resolution every few days (tis on zeta), and the other site is just completely down (lamda).

All I ask is "Please can I get my sites back up?!? I don't wanna have to switch!" :D

Edit: Faken, I sent you a PM with the issues and ticket info as you said in an earlier post on this thread. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Kilzon, 08 September 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#96 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

Dan

I agree with that, I found this thread because I have been a SS customer for almost 3 years with my personal domain hosting and have had no troubles. But I am having lits of issues now and have got no response from SS support. So I Google'd for a phone number or something, and came across this thread.
(btw the number listed on the domain info for serverseed.com is disconnected now ;) )

I moved my only client to SS for their webhosting and things had been near-perfect up until the past month after the hackfest those kids had. I also talked my employer into hosting their photo website with SS and this site is down hard and has been for about 2 weeks. It appears the that account for that domain is missing from the lamda server as I cannot login with the username and pw I created. Since the early August, none of my support tickets have been answered. One site loses DNS resolution every few days (tis on zeta), and the other site is just completely down (lamda).

All I ask is "Please can I get my sites back up?!? I don't wanna have to switch!" :D

Edit: Faken, I sent you a PM with the issues and ticket info as you said in an earlier post on this thread. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Kilzon

your gonna be way out of luck today, my dedicated server has been dead now just on 21hrs, there is no support at all via tickets,phone or email. I dunno where these guys are or what's going on but there is definately no one answering on their end even Faken has tried for me.

#97 Kilzon

Kilzon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hi Kilzon

your gonna be way out of luck today, my dedicated server has been dead now just on 21hrs, there is no support at all via tickets,phone or email. I dunno where these guys are or what's going on but there is definately no one answering on their end even Faken has tried for me.

Oh thats not good news at all... Guess I better start looking to move.

Edited by Kilzon, 08 September 2006 - 03:37 PM.

#98 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

I should add the server is running as I have other sites on it, but the main DNS on my server is screwed it's been an ongoing problem tysoft hasn't yet been able to pinpoint therefore it kills my main site and domain completely.

I'm pretty patient but I do wonder where this other guy is, heard of people sleeping in lol but wow. hold on a little longer Kilzon, ty is usually pretty good he's been awesome to me and I really dunno why he cannot get some good support staff with him.

#99 Kilzon

Kilzon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

I should add the server is running as I have other sites on it, but the main DNS on my server is screwed it's been an ongoing problem tysoft hasn't yet been able to pinpoint therefore it kills my main site and domain completely.

I'm pretty patient but I do wonder where this other guy is, heard of people sleeping in lol but wow. hold on a little longer Kilzon, ty is usually pretty good he's been awesome to me and I really dunno why he cannot get some good support staff with him.

If it was just my site I wouldn't have an issue with waiting around, but I have 2 paying customers who have paid for a year of service in advance, and they are getting antsy about this situation. I think the same DNS issue you are having is affecting one of sites, which is hosted on Zeta, it went out like this a little over a week ago, it came back up after a few hours. This time it seems to have been out since sometime around 6am cdt today. The company that this affects cannot send any email because most of the hosts that they send to require DNS resolution before it will accept the message. So this company is pretty much dead in the water with any of their electronic communications, as they rely on email almost exclusively for communications with their members.

If this isn't working by the end of the day without communication, my client will force me to move them to get them working by Monday morning.

#100 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

Could everyone please PM me any open tickets they currently have?

Thanks,
Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users