Photo

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin killed...

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Steve Irwin once said: "it would be sad if I died by an animal and nobody caught it on tape"

Next to that all money generated by his tv work goes to the preservation of animals.

Ok, a public auction of the footage is a bith harsh, but why not sell it to a TV station and use the money to buy a new wildlife reserve in Australia or Africa? I bet he would scream "CRIKEY" by the thought alone.

Apart from that, I just read that Steve's manager does NOT want to publish the footage. If it's up to him it will be destroyed as soon as the polive releases it.

Perfect material for conspiracy theories...

#62 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

Steve Irwin once said: "it would be sad if I died by an animal and nobody caught it on tape"

Next to that all money generated by his tv work goes to the preservation of animals.

Ok, a public auction of the footage is a bith harsh, but why not sell it to a TV station and use the money to buy a new wildlife reserve in Australia or Africa? I bet he would scream "CRIKEY" by the thought alone.

Apart from that, I just read that Steve's manager does NOT want to publish the footage. If it's up to him it will be destroyed as soon as the polive releases it.

Perfect material for conspiracy theories...

I hope the footage is destroyed and never released and I'm pretty sure that's what John Stainton wants just cannot find the news story on it but I read it 2dys ago, imagine his little girl finding it on a site such as youtube or digg then having to read the horrible comments.

#63 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

With the mentality of people these days it would be a shame too put it on air and have people just do as they please with it... But out of respect i wouldnt let the producer decid what to do... i would give the tape to the family and let them decide..... maybe wait till the children grow up and then show it.... but out of his wish.... i would not distroy it....

RIP Steve

#64 Hit3k

Hit3k

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

You can't just pull a stingray barb out, they're one of the hardest things to have removed as the barbs point backwards and do the most damage when you remove them they will shred your flesh Stu so yes they're right, plus they have poison on them. I've had one in my hand 7.5cms when I used to go bowfishing in australia. They hurt like hell they have to be cut out.

You can pull them out he pulled the one that killed him out right before he died ;)

#65 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

You can't just pull a stingray barb out, they're one of the hardest things to have removed as the barbs point backwards and do the most damage when you remove them they will shred your flesh Stu so yes they're right, plus they have poison on them. I've had one in my hand 7.5cms when I used to go bowfishing in australia. They hurt like hell they have to be cut out.

You can pull them out he pulled the one that killed him out right before he died :D

Yes I know he pulled it out, in all honesty that's probably what killed him he could of had the slightest chance of survival had it of remained until surgically removed. No one will ever know I spose.

#66 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design & Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

Great man for sure, been to his zoo, meet him face to face. Great man with a passion for our environment. We will certainly miss him.

#67 fispaste

fispaste

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:03 AM

Yea He will be missed by many.

#68 Hit3k

Hit3k

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

You can pull them out he pulled the one that killed him out right before he died :D

Yes I know he pulled it out, in all honesty that's probably what killed him he could of had the slightest chance of survival had it of remained until surgically removed. No one will ever know I spose.

I was thinking that myself its pretty sad that he did though maybe he didnt realise how serious it was

Edited by Hit3k, 07 September 2006 - 01:01 AM.

#69 damir_zg

damir_zg

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:43 AM

very sad ;) :)

made this for The Crock Hunter

Posted Image

feel free to use it

#70 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

i like the sig i might use it just make the black font on the side not black so its readable.

Edited by fusionmanx, 10 September 2006 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users