Photo

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin killed...

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Yh it is pretty big, Ive never seen a barb that big :|

- Adam ;)

Apparently, listening to the news last night, the 20cm barb is really as big as they get.

#42 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

is it true that the show he was filming was called "most deadly"?

#43 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

We just lost one of the most active wildlife supporters.. He's a legend, and I hope that someone else will follow his footsteps on protecting the wildlife in australia.

#44 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Mr Stainton, also a producer and director of Irwin's popular television shows, said the footage showed Mr Irwin pulling the barb out of his chest before losing consciousness.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone.

;) I seriously cannot believe he pulled it out even he knew that's something you just don't do.

Funkysoul his daughter will follow after him I bet as the filming he was doing was for her and her new documentry to debut in the US next year.

#45 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

is it true that the show he was filming was called "most deadly"?

Yep... pretty strange huh? At least he died doing what he liked I guess...

RIP Steve Irwin... ;)

#46 ChrisGilmore

ChrisGilmore

Young Padawan

• Publishing Betazoids
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

I don't know how anyone could watch the footage back. It must have been heartbreaking for them to watch.

Let's hope no sado steals the tape and puts it on the internet.

R.I.P

#47 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

Apparently they are going to release the footage as its what he would have wanted (or so i hear).

Ill watch it......Sounds a bit wrong but its a sick curiosity :S

#48 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:14 PM

i used to like watching crocodile hunter it was good with him saying crickey and beautiful lol its sad how he died though after all these years with animals and this happens R.I.P

#49 cheerio

cheerio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

I've got a bit of doubt about this, but if it's what he wants, let his wish come true

#50 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

I think if it happens (which i doubt it will as no tv network will risk its reputation on it) there will be outrage....which....is wrong. I mean sure death is a sad thing and everything, but if thats what he wanted, then do it. You dont have to watch it if you dont want, i know i will,its a strange curiosity.....

Edited by .Matt, 05 September 2006 - 03:26 PM.

#51 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

Sell the footage to the highest bidder and use the money to save animals, simple.

#52 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

I think bidding on footage of someone dying does push anyones morals even if it would be for a good cause ;)

#53 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

that would be nasty to see although im really curious of what happend.

#54 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

Im very curious to see how it happend but i guess it is kinda sick.

#55 blackhawk_996

blackhawk_996

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

A sad day indeed and a very upsetting one. I'm not a real emotional person but this is sad even just in the fact that two more children will grow up fatherless. To explain the upsetting part I just finished reading the article and decided to read through the discussion, needless to say I was astonished at the amount of horrific/ignorant things so many people actually took the time to write. Even if you didn't agree with his antics he still just tryed his best to educate and help the world which makes him a decent guy in my book. The worst part is that it's completely pointless to report any of the things submitted since I have in the past and I just get a generic automated response. I guess the fact that yahoo is so huge now relieves them of the responsibility to moderate or even care about the services that they now offer. Another fine example of "If you don't have anything decent to say, don't say aything at all". May he rest in peace and may his widow and children find peace as well.

#56 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:33 PM

A sad day indeed and a very upsetting one. I'm not a real emotional person but this is sad even just in the fact that two more children will grow up fatherless. To explain the upsetting part I just finished reading the article and decided to read through the discussion, needless to say I was astonished at the amount of horrific/ignorant things so many people actually took the time to write. Even if you didn't agree with his antics he still just tryed his best to educate and help the world which makes him a decent guy in my book. The worst part is that it's completely pointless to report any of the things submitted since I have in the past and I just get a generic automated response. I guess the fact that yahoo is so huge now relieves them of the responsibility to moderate or even care about the services that they now offer. Another fine example of "If you don't have anything decent to say, don't say aything at all". May he rest in peace and may his widow and children find peace as well.

Are you referring to people here or comments your reading on Yahoo? You have to keep in mind people have a strange way of expressing speech into text online and whether they write good or bad things sometimes it's a persons way of grieving. Ignore them.

#57 blackhawk_996

blackhawk_996

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:42 AM

The trolls on the yahoo message boards. To date everyone here is nothing but proffesional/decent/kind/courteous. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the fact that his daughter is old enough to log on and access the same content, it's bad enough the man is passed on but there is a family left behind as well as many others who actually cared about him and yahoo could care a less about the trolls. I would honestly be amased if they were really monitored that 90% of the garbage that is posted there would not be deleted.

#58 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

The trolls on the yahoo message boards. To date everyone here is nothing but proffesional/decent/kind/courteous. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the fact that his daughter is old enough to log on and access the same content, it's bad enough the man is passed on but there is a family left behind as well as many others who actually cared about him and yahoo could care a less about the trolls. I would honestly be amased if they were really monitored that 90% of the garbage that is posted there would not be deleted.

very true :(

its one thing to tell people how much you didnt like him, its another thing to piss on a persons grave (within 24hours of his death too!).

yahoo should do something about it if this is the case.

#59 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:52 AM

well that goes for a lot of sites, yahoo is not the only site getting horrible comments I've seen a few on the aussie news sites as well, respect for people went out the door the internet went live

Watch something more pleasant: nice tributes especially the first as that's a true blue aussie song.

#60 d2Squared

d2Squared

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:Swimmig<br />Web-design<br />Starcraft

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

I still cant accept what happened to him.
I remember me and my brother used to watch him so much, and he had such an interesting show. I cant believe he got killed by an animal!
Anyway, he was a great guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users