71 replies to this topic

#61 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:01 PM

Mabe he has no admin access, just a certain part of the support area. Who knows. I've only got a reply from him once when I registered.

Maybe, but why would Ty still have and pay an employee if his company is breathing its last breath?

Edited by Fsquad, 10 January 2007 - 01:03 PM.

#62 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

did you ask him where tyler was? do you think i can get a refund on the 4 or 5 months hosting i paid for but never got due to the service and support being non existant?

I asked where tysoft was he ignored my question.

add a ticket to billing put it as urgent as he wrote:

Anyone having problems can open a ticket for a response - I am going through the current ones in billing.

Good luck

#63 |Anarchy|

|Anarchy|

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm still using them atm, with no issues since the whole saga - though i have a full backup of everything (done each week) on a dedi server.

As it ends in May though (he extended it 3 months due to the saga) im looking aroud for new hosting atm though Webhostingtalk.

Anyone heard, or got info on http://www.alwayswebhosting.com/ ?? :)

#64 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

I'm still using them atm, with no issues since the whole saga - though i have a full backup of everything (done each week) on a dedi server.

As it ends in May though (he extended it 3 months due to the saga) im looking aroud for new hosting atm though Webhostingtalk.

Anyone heard, or got info on http://www.alwayswebhosting.com/ ?? ;)

Personally, and this may just be me but with so many other customers having problems and little to no contact from the administration you wouldn't find me anywhere near that host.

IMO you should move asap.

#65 Braunson

Braunson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yeah I moved asap. Well sorta ;)

I moved to www.hostedfx.com their a few years old. Good service tho. Quick support etc. ;)
I can give you a coupon for 1 month hosting for like 1.50 cdn.

Just let me know ;)

I currently use them and used the coupon. Speeds are not as fast as serverseeds but tolerable ;)

#66 |Anarchy|

|Anarchy|

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Personally, and this may just be me but with so many other customers having problems and little to no contact from the administration you wouldn't find me anywhere near that host.

IMO you should move asap.

Well, i was going to move immediately, but with no issues to my hosting since, ive kepy it there, save paying for new hosting. Thaough ive been keeping a full backup each week unless there were issues, then i could move hosts in a day as my domain isnt with SS.

I'm in the process of researching hosts atm, and will most likely move during the next couple of weeks :)

#67 Braunson

Braunson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

Just got this email about an hour ago. Im sure you have to.

Hello,

First off we apologize if you are no longer a customer and are receiving this e-mail.

Earlier tonight our billing system ran through an e-mail queue of old batch emails that had errored out in the system. This resulted in many of you receiving billing related e-mails from months ago. These were sent in error, they do not mean you currently have any invoice due or that we have generated a new invoice (most of them are dated 2006 or earlier in the e-mail). Please ignore these emails if you received any.

Also, if you have had any billing or support related issues - please open a new ticket at http://www.serverseed.info. Your ticket will be replied to promptly, we are working to resolve any issues you may have.

Thank you - we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused from the e-mail errors.

Bill
Support Manager
Server Seed, LLC
www.serverseed.com

#68 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, A week ago they charged some money to my dad's credit card and then he sent them an email and they told him that they removed them. so maybe there is finally some life at server seed.

Hoot

#69 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

Hmm, A week ago they charged some money to my dad's credit card and then he sent them an email and they told him that they removed them. so maybe there is finally some life at server seed.

Hoot

Yep there's life there, Bill and tysoft are both answering tickets and still sending out invoices for accounts that don't exist.

#70 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:29 AM

I'm wondering why they still bother. In there stead I'd already told my customers months ago to look out for new hosting. So I'd be able to rework my server park and start of fresh under an other name. He has the knowledge, the contacts, etc. so I'm quite sure he'd be able to become successful again in no time. It's by the way something i've said from the beginning (hence the other thread about serverseed). "Why isn't he honest with his customers and tell them he can't handle it anymore so they would have the chance to move their websites before the fatal server crash"

Now the name serverseed is screwed up big time, he lost the respect imo from all his customers and he wasted 5 months.
I don't get it.

#71 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

Yep there's life there, Bill and tysoft are both answering tickets and still sending out invoices for accounts that don't exist.

Yea I just got one of those replies. At first I was like what the heck and then I saw what it was. I thought serverseed went out of business.

Regards,

Jason :)

#72 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:47 AM

So I'd be able to rework my server park and start of fresh under an other name.

Seems like they finally did, rework the server park for a fresh start. According to Nagios they only have four servers anymore and the three used for customers services have a new cpanel running and seem all to be rebooted 5 days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users