80 replies to this topic

#21 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

I think no single religion is telling people to destroy each other...

#22 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

I think no single religion is telling people to destroy each other...

Do not quote me on this but i believe one of the things about Muslins/Islamic Culture is that Islam is the only religion and Allah is the only god and that they are required to go to war to defend the Islamic culture or something...basically encouraging so called "Holy War" (not Jihad).

But like i say don't quote me on this, I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to religion.

Edited by Matthew., 30 December 2006 - 01:23 PM.

#23 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:51 PM

Apparently you can download the clip where he guts hung for $2.50 :popcorn:

#24 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

I don't get suicide bombers or people like them and never will. Why kill yourself for such a tyrant? :popcorn:

went searching as it had me curious as well

The vast majority of Muslims do not condone terrorism, including suicide attacks. However, tiny minorities - essentially cults and sects of Islam - believe they have found a way to make the Koran support their evil actions. Suicide bombers often consider their deaths acts of heroism, not self-destruction, and believe they will be elaborately rewarded in the afterlife.

http://en.wikipedia....Suicide_bombers
http://www.apologeti...ex.org/s37.html

Besides all that you hear stories where they are paid well so their families always live in comfort after they have completed their mission.

Back to the the topic on Saddam being dead
30yrs of torture to his people, over 3000 dead US troops plus 100+ UK and how many Canadians, Australians and whatever other nation , 1000's of innocent civilians.

So what did his death change? NOTHING except more conflict and fighting that will always continue and troops will still go in and kill more people and it continues like a merry go round.

#25 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

Apparently you can download the clip where he guts hung for $2.50 :popcorn:

nice scam to make quick $$$

#26 bblincoe

bblincoe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Music, Computers, Lacrosse, Cross Country...and the list goes on.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

I personally don't enjoy watching people being hung, but whatever floats your boat I suppose. As for the war or any war for that matter...

::personal thought - don't mean to offend any non believers::
The bible says that war will break out until the end of the world. We won't ever be able to stop it. I don't know why President Bush has it engraved in his mind that he can stop all this religious violence. He can't. Why does he feel that America has to be the world police force. People hate us for it.
::end::

Please send me any comments or thoughts about this. I love debates or agreements.

#27 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

I don't personally enjoy watching people being hung either, but it is natural to be curious.

#28 _*Zenom_*

_*Zenom_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

The onyl way to get peace on earth is to have one religion only, no more. It's religion which is causing all these wars.

The onyl way to get peace on earth is to have one religion only, no more. It's religion which is causing all these wars.

One religion? That defeats the point of religio, freedom of choice and belief itself. Besides, it is not religion.

the problem is entropy not religion!

#29 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

Video is on Google or front page of Digg if you want to see it, don't post the url on P2L please

#30 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

muhahaha hes dead :bringevil:i wanna poke him with my pitch fork:P

I think the devil in south park is already doing that , or was it the other way round ? lol

:closedeyes:

#31 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

The Devil is in bed with Saddam right now anyways ... making bittersweet love :lol:

#32 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:10 PM

Yup, that's too good to be true. Saddam is probably saying that every day of his dead life

#33 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hehehe, good one Adam

#34 jonno

jonno

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:skating and pc stuff oh ye and music

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

i went out drinking with saddam hussein the other night, drunk out his head he was, you should see him now, he's hangin!!!

Edited by jonno, 01 January 2007 - 04:11 PM.

#35 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

I blame people more than i blame religion, but you are right. I think i have made my thoughts on religion clear in another topic anyway.

That's probably the best way to look at it. Most religions are peaceful in nature, but they all seem to have their radical extremists. Christianity for one, unfortunately, has the KKK over here. The problem isn't really religion but how people interpret or perceive their religous beliefs.

P.S. Matt, I got the new MacBook for Christmas. ;) Looking to rid myself of my Dell XPS and be Microsoft Free. :(

Edited by SpatialVisionary, 01 January 2007 - 05:01 PM.

#36 Nick

Nick

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

I watched it on YouTube :biggrin:

#37 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

I watched a video about saddams death, it was recorded on a cell phone. it was on cnn.com and it it was weird! but glad to see his neck twisted ova his shoulders. :P

#38 Gabe

Gabe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

The problem is that people hide behind religion to justify their crimes.
They have been doing that for centuries and will be doing that for years to come. Look at what we did in Africa and still doing in 3rd world countries. "We" tell them its better to believe in our God and they will be saved.... barfff
Saddam is dead, but there will always be an other nutter which will take his place to dominate people, so i dont know how "happy" we should be with this.

And even in our western society there are nutters at the top, who also hide behind their God. Not naming anyone but they know who they are.

Maybe thats why i dont believe in a God. I dont need nutbags to tell me "God wanted us to do all of this".

Gabrielle

#39 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:34 PM

I hear about this. lol Donna, nice topic name very "to the point". I heard there was the full hanging on youtube, but who knows.

dEcade

#40 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

I hear about this. lol Donna, nice topic name very "to the point". I heard there was the full hanging on youtube, but who knows.

dEcade

Well there wasn't much else you could say, I still don't agree with him being hanged it's barbaric in this day and age no matter what he done.

I watched the video, url was posted on digg a few hrs after his hanging but it was removed pretty quick, lots on youtube really surprised they are still there youtube has turned into a :P hole since Google has taken over little kids can view those and already a 9yr old boy in Pakistan has hung himself by copying what they done to Saddam because they showed it over and over on TV there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users