80 replies to this topic

#61 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Lot's of people are outraged with how the Iraqi government handled it but i bet America would of put it on live TV. The Iraqi's have the right to kill him how they want to in my opinion.

There's still a difference between kill and "kill him how they want to". Although I support his execution, I must admit this has been a big mess.

#62 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

Not really he has tormented the people of Iraq for too long. I personally tihnk they should of tortured him longer and then killed him.

#63 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Lot's of people are outraged with how the Iraqi government handled it but i bet America would of put it on live TV. The Iraqi's have the right to kill him how they want to in my opinion.

Not really he has tormented the people of Iraq for too long. I personally tihnk they should of tortured him longer and then killed him.

Ugh. No words....i have...no words.

#64 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well not only did he kill millions of people he enjoyed killing them as well and also brought his brothers to watch torture sessions. Let's see how he likes it!

#65 falafelboy

falafelboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

He is a bad person, fine. But there is was to do things and there is a time. This was the final nail in the coffin of any potential sunni/shiite reconciliation in Iraq.

Why? Because the way he was killed proved to the sunnis that the Shiites are now in control and are not interested
listening to the sunnis and giving them input.

More importantly, the hanging ended any chance that Saddam could have been tried for genocide. Given that the West and others have had an abysmal record in preventing or confronting genocide in the 20th century, Saddam presented us with an
opportunity to actually punish those regimes that are genocidal.

But it didn't happen because of personal revenge.

Maybe Bush will be next to face his crimes. Prison is fine for me.

#66 Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

There's a way to end the violence, that noone has seemed to think of yet..
Twenty-six Hundred Nuclear Warheads and a Flight to the Middle East.
It's a shame no country has said qualifications...
But then america rose its hand.
GG nubs.

#67 jonno

jonno

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:skating and pc stuff oh ye and music

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

There's a way to end the violence, that noone has seemed to think of yet..
Twenty-six Hundred Nuclear Warheads and a Flight to the Middle East.
It's a shame no country has said qualifications...
But then america rose its hand.
GG nubs.

umm ye, thats just plain retarded.

#68 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

i agree with jono

#69 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

He is a bad person, fine. But there is was to do things and there is a time. This was the final nail in the coffin of any potential sunni/shiite reconciliation in Iraq.

Why? Because the way he was killed proved to the sunnis that the Shiites are now in control and are not interested

More importantly, the hanging ended any chance that Saddam could have been tried for genocide. Given that the West and others have had an abysmal record in preventing or confronting genocide in the 20th century, Saddam presented us with an

They hung him cause he kill shiites from iran which started a war in iraq, the americans moved into iraq to do peace keeping or whatever untill 2003 when saddam went into hiding. later on they found him in a fox hole near his home town where he was imprisioned untill nov 26 2006 when he was convicted of war crimes and was to serve the death penalty by hanging. and it was to be carried out within 30 days of his trial. they hung him 5 minutes after the 30 day deadline.your rite it wasnt personal revenge but because of war crimes that he got hung and genocial claims were obviously ruled out of this matter. Honestly to save trouble of hanging war crimals he should of just pulled a hitler and killed himself

Edited by Gingerale :P, 06 January 2007 - 10:50 AM.

#70 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Well not only did he kill millions of people he enjoyed killing them as well and also brought his brothers to watch torture sessions. Let's see how he likes it!

Then why should we do the same as he did? We're not the same. He deserved a complete trial to be judged on every single crimes he had commit. To torture him would have just proven to the world that the actual "democracy" US is trying to give in Iraq is no better than Saddam's regiment.

More importantly, the hanging ended any chance that Saddam could have been tried for genocide.
Given that the West and others have had an abysmal record in preventing or confronting genocide in the 20th century, Saddam presented us with an

True. Can't agree more with that. Although I'm not convinced that Bush should be compared to Saddam. Think about it. The USA elected Bush.. should we accuse every single person who voted for him? I think not.

They hung him cause he kill shiites from iran which started a war in iraq, the americans moved into iraq to do peace keeping or whatever untill 2003 when saddam went into hiding. later on they found him in a fox hole near his home town where he was imprisioned untill nov 26 2006 when he was convicted of war crimes and was to serve the death penalty by hanging. and it was to be carried out within 30 days of his trial. they hung him 5 minutes after the 30 day deadline.your rite it wasnt personal revenge but because of war crimes that he got hung and genocial claims were obviously ruled out of this matter. Honestly to save trouble of hanging war crimals he should of just pulled a hitler and killed himself

US were not into peace keeping first of all. The war began when Iraq invaded Iran on 22 September 1980 following a long history of border disputes and demands for the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime. That's all about the Iran-Iraqui war...

There, US supported Iraq at this time because it was obvious that the Iranian regime under Ayatollah Khomeini was not really in the US interests (nor even the world's).

When we arrived in the 90's the second war on Iraq started because of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. After a short debate at the UN, a US-Coalition lead more than 25 countries to war against Iraq. I would call that PEACE MAKING and not peacekeeping.

#71 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:50 AM

Only because the somebody would have wanted to make money off broadcasting the video over the air. We don't necessarily broadcast other executions (not that I know of anyways), why start with him?

Because that sort of thinking would have made the new Iraqi government no better than Saddam during his reign.

#72 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:02 PM

at the end of the day he's dead, just another page in history and nothing at all that we can change... let's move on!

#73 bblincoe

bblincoe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Music, Computers, Lacrosse, Cross Country...and the list goes on.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

Wow, I can't believe they allow the video on youTube.com. That's disgusting.

Edited by bblincoe, 06 January 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#74 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

at the end of the day he's dead, just another page in history and nothing at all that we can change... let's move on!

Well said!

#75 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

I think it was a greater insult to him to give him a trial. He never let anyone have a trial during his reign as dictator. He must have hated the fact that the new Iraqi government was going to be fair to everyone. It just added insult to injury. If I were him I would have rather been shot on site than humiliated in a pointless trial.

#76 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

Jeepinator, your sig is HUGE man lol.

Oh no, the Berlin wall fell down....build it better next time.

If you don't debate the reasons behind something that some people see as a mistake surely we run the risk of making that mistake again? hmmzzz.

#77 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

Wow, I can't believe they allow the video on youTube.com. That's disgusting.

i enjoyed it

#78 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

How is it disgusting. It shows nothing.

#79 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:06 AM

How is it disgusting. It shows nothing.

I agree. It's people right to see it. YouTube never said YOU MUST SEE IT. You don't want to see it? Well.. don't click on it!

#80 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:50 AM

Jeepinator, your sig is HUGE man lol.

Oh no, the Berlin wall fell down....build it better next time.

If you don't debate the reasons behind something that some people see as a mistake surely we run the risk of making that mistake again? hmmzzz.

do u have any power what so ever to provent it again? thought not - we can debate, argue, rant etc but we aren't the people with the power to stop anything like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users