• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

I watched the video, url was posted on digg a few hrs after his hanging but it was removed pretty quick, lots on youtube really surprised they are still there youtube has turned into a :P hole since Google has taken over little kids can view those and already a 9yr old boy in Pakistan has hung himself by copying what they done to Saddam because they showed it over and over on TV there.

I was watching one of the videos of his hanging today and it said you had to be logged in and over 18 to view it, and I got around that with out logging in. I think that they should do a better job of saying what's appropriate for certain ages and whats not and enforce the login a little better for those videos.

I think that it's good he is dead but why hang him? isn't there better ways that isn't so barbaric.

dEcade

#42 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

Censorship will never be 100%, and the way it is done now i am glad it can be fooled. I'm 15 and consider myself mature enough (most of the time ;)) to watch anything like this, and to do most things that are limited to people my age. However not everyone is like that, i know even i can be a pratt sometimes.

Censorship is an iffy topic really, it's not all about age...it's about maturity and attitude to life. Much like voting lol.

As for Saddam's hanging, i think last time this was brought up i was against it...but i am wavering. Right now i am against it...but i can see points for and against.

offtopic:
"Spammer In Training", you do realize you're mine now right? OMGHI2U! :P

Edited by Matthew., 03 January 2007 - 06:58 PM.

#43 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

Censorship will never be 100%, and the way it is done now i am glad it can be fooled. I'm 15 and consider myself mature enough (most of the time ;)) to watch anything like this, and to do most things that are limited to people my age. However not everyone is like that, i know even i can be a pratt sometimes.

Censorship is an iffy topic really, it's not all about age...it's about maturity and attitude to life. Much like voting lol.

As for Saddam's hanging, i think last time this was brought up i was against it...but i am wavering. Right now i am against it...but i can see points for and against.

Yea, I guess your right there it's more about maturity that age

I think that it's good he is dead but why hang him? isn't there better ways that isn't so barbaric.

Yeah, We should have just shot him.

lol, probably would of been more fun for the guys executing him.

offtopic:
"Spammer In Training", you do realize you're mine now right? OMGHI2U! :winner:

:P Master ;) lol

Edited by dEcade, 03 January 2007 - 07:21 PM.

#44 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

I think you guys mean to talk about False Religion..
I think they hung him because the correct way of doing it over there is by hanging, I THINK!
And D is right, Killing him has caused nothing but more death, Idiotic I think!

#45 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

I hear about this. lol Donna, nice topic name very "to the point". I heard there was the full hanging on youtube, but who knows.

dEcade

Well there wasn't much else you could say, I still don't agree with him being hanged it's barbaric in this day and age no matter what he done.

I watched the video, url was posted on digg a few hrs after his hanging but it was removed pretty quick, lots on youtube really surprised they are still there youtube has turned into a ;) hole since Google has taken over little kids can view those and already a 9yr old boy in Pakistan has hung himself by copying what they done to Saddam because they showed it over and over on TV there.

I heard about that boy trying to act it out and ended up hanging himself. Apparently there was another boy in europe who done exactly the same thing trying to amuse his friends :(

#46 Gabe

Gabe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

I heard about that boy trying to act it out and ended up hanging himself. Apparently there was another boy in europe who done exactly the same thing trying to amuse his friends ;)

Did these guys have any braincells that worked????
Why the heck would you even wanna try that out, I maybe getting old cause I really dont get that Jackazz Wanna Be a Nutcase Thingy

#47 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:17 PM

I heard about that boy trying to act it out and ended up hanging himself. Apparently there was another boy in europe who done exactly the same thing trying to amuse his friends ;)

Why the heck would you even wanna try that out, I maybe getting old cause I really dont get that Jackazz Wanna Be a Nutcase Thingy

One was a 9yr old kid at 9 yrs of age your vunerable to follow what you see and hear so it's not the kid I'd blame the parents for allowing him to watch it.

#48 jonno

jonno

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:skating and pc stuff oh ye and music

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

I think they hung him because the correct way of doing it over there is by hanging, I THINK!

ye, hanging is the way they do it over there, they also did it because it was the law that saddam enforced when he when into power.

i know that a lot of people are pleased that hes dead but i think it would have been better just to keep him in death row till he died of old age, then he would have never have become a martyr and have all these other iraqis rioting all over the place thinking hes some great god. i dont know why these people actually liked him.

Another thing is that i know he killed thousands and thousands of people but in his last minute of life i think it was pretty wrong that the executioners were having a go at him and everything, no matter what people do, they should be respected at death, not taunted and slated.

Edited by jonno, 04 January 2007 - 04:06 PM.

#49 Gabe

Gabe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

i know that a lot of people are pleased that hes dead but i think it would have been better just to keep him in death row till he died of old age, then he would have never have become a martyr and have all these other iragis rioting all over the place thinking hes some great god. i dont know why these people actually liked him.

I agree with that

#50 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

when i watched the video people were asking god to curse him and stuff like that, and he said muslim prayers to him self but.. isnt that the reason hes being hung? didnt he kill a whole bunch of islamic believers? which started the whole war in iraqi.. besides the oil thing

Edited by Gingerale :P, 04 January 2007 - 04:40 PM.

#51 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

I heard about that boy trying to act it out and ended up hanging himself. Apparently there was another boy in europe who done exactly the same thing trying to amuse his friends :rolleyes:

One was a 9yr old kid at 9 yrs of age your vunerable to follow what you see and hear so it's not the kid I'd blame the parents for allowing him to watch it.

donna, you shouldnt blame the parents either, maybe the parents went out and he saw it maybe on tv or on youtube or summat like that.. it could have been anything

#52 jonno

jonno

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:skating and pc stuff oh ye and music

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

i know my friends little brother did a google and youtube search for saddams video while no one was home, hes got a small thing you plug onto the keyboard plug that records everything you type

Edited by jonno, 04 January 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#53 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

donna, you shouldnt blame the parents either, maybe the parents went out and he saw it maybe on tv or on youtube or summat like that.. it could have been anything

The parents were in the next room watching TV, it was all over the news the parents were at fault and charged as they allowed him to watch the news on it. He only copied what he saw.

9year old kids need parental supervision in what they watch and should have supervision on a PC

#54 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

I don't personally enjoy watching people being hung either, but it is natural to be curious.

I know what you mean, when people say someone died I usually want to know how not because I am sick and twisted (I'm not) I'm just curious.

Hoot

#55 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

holding him captive was causing just as much deaths... letting him go... well, that doesn't bare thinking about! as for him being hung - wot better way to kill him? for all the civilian life he took, for a countries democracy to totally be washed away, it's crazy!..

personally if it were my choice he'd have been hung drawn and quartered... on tv... but i'm just sick like that :)

#56 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

Ok donna.. didnt know bout the parents being in next room :bashhead: my bad

#57 gaga

gaga

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:16 AM

I want to say a small thing and correct some stuff cause i`m a Muslim and i read many false things , and i hope you can understand me :)

I don't get suicide bombers or people like them and never will. Why kill yourself for such a tyrant? :(

no idea, religion I spose.

Just heard America is on alert, lol the man is dead but he still has full control from his grave and scaring the hell outta people.

it has nothing to do about our religion but everyone in the world has a few people that believe in him and in his thoughts and others that hates him and his thoughts too (Hitler , Saddam , Bush :laugh: ....etc.)

so it`s not a religious view

Do not quote me on this but i believe one of the things about Muslins/Islamic Culture is that Islam is the only religion and Allah is the only god and that they are required to go to war to defend the Islamic culture or something...basically encouraging so called "Holy War" (not Jihad).

But like i say don't quote me on this, I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to religion.

who said this ? we only go to war only if we are attacked , but yes we believe that Allah is the only God and that doesn`t mean that we attack anyone ;) also we do believe in ( Christianity & Jewish) cause they have many thing in common between the 3 religions ( Islam , Christianity & Jewish ) and we do believe in Jesus and all the prophets but only we don`t elive that he is God ( that is one point of difference between use) but that doesn`t give any of us muslims or Christians the right to attack each other :)

and you can read more about Islam from here http://www.islamonli...ish/index.shtml

sorry my english is not good and i hope this post can remove some of the conflicts between Islam and Terrorism

merry Christmas evryone and Happy new year ( too late i know :P )

#58 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

Do not quote me on this but i believe one of the things about Muslins/Islamic Culture is that Islam is the only religion and Allah is the only god and that they are required to go to war to defend the Islamic culture or something...basically encouraging so called "Holy War" (not Jihad).

But like i say don't quote me on this, I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to religion.

who said this ? we only go to war only if we are attacked , but yes we believe that Allah is the only God and that doesn`t mean that we attack anyone :) also we do believe in ( Christianity & Jewish) cause they have many thing in common between the 3 religions ( Islam , Christianity & Jewish ) and we do believe in Jesus and all the prophets but only we don`t elive that he is God ( that is one point of difference between use) but that doesn`t give any of us muslims or Christians the right to attack each other :P

and you can read more about Islam from here http://www.islamonli...ish/index.shtml

sorry my english is not good and i hope this post can remove some of the conflicts between Islam and Terrorism

Just some things i picked up from ear to ear, like i say i didn't think it was 100% right lol. Good to hear from someone who knows :)

p.s. Your English is fine :laugh:

#59 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

I want to say a small thing and correct some stuff cause i`m a Muslim and i read many false things , and i hope you can understand me :)

I don't get suicide bombers or people like them and never will. Why kill yourself for such a tyrant? :(

no idea, religion I spose.

Just heard America is on alert, lol the man is dead but he still has full control from his grave and scaring the hell outta people.

it has nothing to do about our religion but everyone in the world has a few people that believe in him and in his thoughts and others that hates him and his thoughts too (Hitler , Saddam , Bush :) ....etc.)

so it`s not a religious view

Read my other reply to that same question http://www.pixel2lif...p...30035&st=20 I answered it twice after I looked it up, it's on Wikipedia and apologeticsindexso if it's incorrect why has no one ever changed it?

#60 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

Lot's of people are outraged with how the Iraqi government handled it but i bet America would of put it on live TV. The Iraqi's have the right to kill him how they want to in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users